GeForce 6200 OC PCI and nVidia 100.59 drivers?

Old February 25th 07, 02:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Default GeForce 6200 OC PCI and nVidia 100.59 drivers?

Craig

nVidia are up to 100.65 now.. still nothing like full support and games
sound for me is jittery still.. flashing websites are gone. .give it a try,
but be prepared for a system restore or re-installation of older drivers..

"craigconfire" wrote in message
Hey Mike,

Any update for a new driver from nvidia?

Seeing the same hangup/black screen/recovery with the windows dreamscene.
Fun Stuff.

Seriously, thanks for the help!

"Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User" wrote:

The latest drivers from nVidia may screw up games, and if one attempts a
rollback to a previous driver, websites flash as the mouse moves over
them..

I understand that nVidia have targeted late February for something
meaningful that works..

"JW" wrote in message
I believe that the actual RTM DVDs have the NVIDIA 96.86 driver which
NVIDIA never posted on their Website. The 97.46 driver release notes
list
lots of funtions as not working that hopefully will be available again
in
theier next official release.

"Paul" wrote in message
I'd suggest holding off on the 96.85 drivers. I tried them after the
trouble
I had with the 97.46 and lost aero as an option. DXdiag said I had
9.x
installed, but several programs would not run warning of no DX9 being
found.
That's why I switched to the MS driver.

BTW, the driver Windows update is trying to install is more than liely
the
MS driver (supplied by NVidia) that I'm currently using. All Vista
features
will "work" including aero, but expect hang-ups and trouble with games
that
require intensive graphics. Your rating will probably only read 2.1
for
aero
and 2.6 for gaming graphics.

"JW" wrote:

X86 chips are 32 bit chips, thats where the name comes from and the
Jan07
drivers are the 97.46 drivers that you say are already using.

You might try the older 96.85 Vista drivers

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_96.85.html

"craigconfire" wrote in
message
I am in the same boat. Device Manager says I am using the 9746
driver.
see on the nvidia site that there is a download for a new driver
post
in
Jan
07. Not sure which driver to use seeing that I installed the 32bit
Vista
version and nvidia has a driver for 64bit and 86bit, whatever 86
correlates
to I have no idea.

The windows update keeps trying to install a new driver for 6200,
and
keeps
failing - not sure why, the error code is "Windows Update error
80070103".

Should I download from nvidia, and then which driver version x86 or
x64?

"Paul" wrote:

Has anyone tried the 100.59 drivers with the GeForce 6200 OC PCI
card
yet? I
noticed these were released on 1/31. The 97.46 driver I tried
beforehand
was so much worse than the Microsoft driver I'm been relunctant to
give
it a
try.

This is the only PCI card that had the Vista logo on the box, but
finding
compatible drivers has been wicked. (I don't have a PCI-E bus nor
an
available AGP slot). It brings my rating WAY down to a 2.1 because
of
aero &
gaming (where everything else in the box is 4.5 or higher).

The Microsoft driver gives me Aero & Flip 3-D, but I get a message
telling
me the graphics device has hung and was restarted at least a dozen
times
day. Attempting to play games like Heroes of Might & Magic V is
PAINFULLY
slow. I pretty certain this is a driver issue, as the XP Pro
install
put
on there prior to the Vista upgrade had no issues for over a week
and
HOM&M
play was smooth and fast.

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Old February 25th 07, 03:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Read the release notes from the download page to be sure that you want the
release as compared to the origional RTM release.