Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Janes FA-18 and Vista

Old February 5th 07, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Charles Harris

Default Janes FA-18 and Vista

Can't figure this one out. The game ran fine on Beta 2 and RC-1. Problem
code posted below. Help anyone??

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: F18.ICD
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 3839c218
Fault Module Name: F18.ICD
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 3839c218
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000b70ae
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1513
Additional Information 2: adeb708ab2ea42e7ac2227d7374684cc
Additional Information 3: c915
Additional Information 4: 9f91b0e8b3effd81d007aa922566f7f1

Thanks in advance

CH

Old February 6th 07, 07:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
RR Johnson Jr.

Try running the game executable file with full admin rights and also try
compatibility mode as well

regards
Robert

Old November 28th 09, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Dave Hodges[_2_]

Default Janes F/A-18 for Vista

Charles,

I have extensive experience getting Janes F/A-18 to run on XP and Vista.

The very best and easiest way to get Janes to run on Vista is to disable UAC,install Janes F/A-18. I strongly recommend you download our One-Click Installer from the download section of our website (http://www.vmfa-323.com/) which will install the Janes Patch and TSH version 3.06. You won't need to install any patches or updates.

User Account Control (UAC) is a pain in the rear with Vista, like most people I have it turned off. UAC was implemented by Microsoft because XP users would routinely use an Admin account as their user account, which meant that is someone hacked in to your computer they would immediately have admin rights. If you turn UAC off (recommened), simply create a Power User account to use when not installing programs, this will give the same or substantially similar protection to having UAC turned on.

Special Note: If you already have Janes installed with UAC turned on, you'll have to uninstall the program with UAC turned on, then reboot, disable UAC, and reinstall the program.

To reinstall with UAC turned off, install from CD as normal,and then run our One-Click installer. TA-DA! You're done!

Doc
www.VMFA-323.com

Charles Harris wrote:

Janes FA-18 and Vista
05-Feb-07

Can't figure this one out. The game ran fine on Beta 2 and RC-1. Problem
code posted below. Help anyone??

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: F18.ICD
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 3839c218
Fault Module Name: F18.ICD
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 3839c218
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000b70ae
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1513
Additional Information 2: adeb708ab2ea42e7ac2227d7374684cc
Additional Information 3: c915
Additional Information 4: 9f91b0e8b3effd81d007aa922566f7f1

Thanks in advance

CH

On Monday, February 05, 2007 2:42 PM
Charles Harris wrote:

Janes FA-18 and Vista
Can't figure this one out. The game ran fine on Beta 2 and RC-1. Problem
code posted below. Help anyone??

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: F18.ICD
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 3839c218
Fault Module Name: F18.ICD
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 3839c218
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000b70ae
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 1513
Additional Information 2: adeb708ab2ea42e7ac2227d7374684cc
Additional Information 3: c915
Additional Information 4: 9f91b0e8b3effd81d007aa922566f7f1

Thanks in advance

CH

On Tuesday, February 06, 2007 3:49 PM
RR Johnson Jr. wrote:

Try running the game executable file with full admin rights and also try
Try running the game executable file with full admin rights and also try
compatibility mode as well

regards
Robert

On Friday, February 09, 2007 11:31 PM
Charles Harris wrote:

Janes FA-18 and Vista
Thanks that fixed it.

CH

Fun with Reflection, DataTable, Classes and SQLHelper
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...tion-data.aspx
Old November 28th 09, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Dave Hodges[_2_]

[...]

Charles Harris wrote:

Janes FA-18 and Vista
05-Feb-07