Office Keyboard

Old February 7th 07, 05:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mhornet

Default Office Keyboard

I have a Microsoft Office keyboard and now under Vista, the scroll wheel
doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks

Old February 8th 07, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

Anyone have any ideas to this? I have the same issue.

Old February 9th 07, 02:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ron Miller

mhornet wrote:
I have a Microsoft Office keyboard and now under Vista, the scroll wheel
doesn't work. Anyone else have this problem and know of a solution?

Thanks

Presume you've installed Intellitype 6.1.
I did that for my new MS Ergo 4000. All the features, including the
unusual "zoom," work except for ONE. I'm supposed to be able to get an
on-screen menu of my programmable keys, but I get nothing (the
programmable keys do work, but because of this one software failure,
it's necessary to memorize them).

I'm guessing that MS has to update Intellitype further to get it all to
work. While I can cuss at blankety-blank Creative for, as always,
getting their new drivers to market in a timely fashion, Microsoft's
failure is totally inexcusable.

Ron
Old February 10th 07, 01:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mhornet

Apparently MS has discontinued support for my keyboard, which is a shame,
because I think its one of the best ever made. Vista has a driver for the
keyboard, but Intellitype doesn't have it in the list. I could see if Vista
was not out as you can use the old Intellitype, but you cant with Vista. I
wish MS would have included it at least in this update.

Old February 10th 07, 04:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David Vair

I use the Office Keyboard also and this is one of the reasons I have decided not to upgrade right
now, I use the cut, copy, and paste buttons all the time.
--
Dave Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

Old February 10th 07, 04:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mhornet

All of the buttons seem to work, except for the scroll wheel, which is what
I like the best. Browsing the internet or scrolling through documents with
the wheel on the left is a timesaver.

Old February 11th 07, 05:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
hella356

This is very dissapointing. I can barely function on a computer without an
Office Keyboard. I really hope Microsoft makes a driver update that includes
this keyboard. Until then I'm not spending $$ on an OS that won't let me use
the best keyboard yet made. AutoCAD is SO much better with this keyboard.