Old April 16th 07, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
Gloria Boyer [MSFT]

Default CAN'T CONNECT TO LOCAL NETWORK

Hi Setotitan, here's a help topic that might be the answer:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...1ba441033.mspx

Thanks,
Gloria

--
Gloria Boyer
Windows User Assistance

"setotitan" wrote in message
Hey guys I'm hoping I'm just overlooking something dumb here but I need
some
help. I just upgraded to Vista Home Premium last night. I use my laptop at
work ad I'm having some issues. I can't see my local network when I sign
on.
We have a wireless modem that is separate from the network that I can see
and
use to login to the internet. On XP I just went to "My Network Places"
clicked add new place, selected local area network and punched in the
address
"\\Express\expressservices" it prompted me for a login and PW and I was
all
set! Now when I go to "Network" all I see is my PC and there's no option
add a new network place. Then I go to "Network and Sharing" and try to
connect to a network all it shows me is wireless modems and not the actual
network. Then I try to setup a new network and there's no option so see a
local area network, just modems, and what not. It seems all I can do find
new
ways to connect to the internet, but no way to use the internet to connect
my network. Please help.