How to install the NEW NFORCE 4 drivers?

Old February 7th 07, 04:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian

Default How to install the NEW NFORCE 4 drivers?

Hi I got Windows VISTA 64bit, and i cant get the new sata driver (non-RAID)
to work....
which entry would i have to select if i would take the manual way over inf
installation?

the only entries i have in the Device manager are the following:

in
IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 0
ATA Channel 1
ATA Channel 1
Standart-Dual-Channel PCI-IDE Controller
Standart-Dual-Channel PCI-IDE Controller

once i managed that NFORCE SATA controller appeared in this list but it was
marked as not working ;(((

Btw. i have got this sysconfig:
64-bit AMD CPU
2 Gig Corsair
Only SATA Channels 1 and 2 are active the 2 others are not needed atm and
disabled in bios-tried to activate, didnt solve the problem
2 CD-Rom Drives on serpate IDE-cables each configed as Master..
NFORCE 4 Ultra Chipset /ASUS a8ne w/o SLI

Old February 7th 07, 05:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian

I think i managed it

just took the other StandartDualChannel entry and manually installed from
/nvidia/ide_sata folder, hope it will run after restart in SATA mode, until
now it runs in PIOmode ;(

Old February 7th 07, 05:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian

Now my SATA Samsung sp2004c shows up as sp2004c SCSI device in device
manager ?? what means that? i got no raid enabled or raid software installed
as far as i know^^

"Christian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hehe after installing manually, if had to reactive windows by telephone
;(((