Windows Movie Maker crashes while rending video

Old November 7th 07, 12:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

Default Windows Movie Maker crashes while rending video

That's a crash in Voxware. What nasty codec pack put that on your system?

Either remove that codec pack, remove Voxware, unregister Voxware, or (worst
case, but simplest) remove or rename the file "msms001.vwp" from your
system.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"pleinweb" wrote in message
news

I am having a similar problem to those noted above. Here is my error
message:

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_9f79
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 9f79
Additional Information 2: 43ef3de8800d32221c260286e30aaefb
Additional Information 3: c7e7
Additional Information 4: e51f30b58cd2d47e42e990e2e58a7d60

I'm no genius at this and any help would be appreciated.

--
pleinweb
pleinweb's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=34391

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 10th 07, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
pleinweb[_2_]

First off, thank you so much for your help. I removed all Voxware and
creashed again, but the message changed. Here's the new one:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: StackHash_d82e
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000af1c9
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: d82e
Additional Information 2: 1fd4441a6747c449ec84244fdc29340c
Additional Information 3: 5701
Additional Information 4: 940a485a9819d5aadd00d79dfbe2379d

Old November 10th 07, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
pleinweb[_3_]

I'm also curious how you were able to extract voxware out of that
coding. If I knew how to do that I wouldn't have to bother you folks
quite so much.

Old November 12th 07, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

That would be very difficult unless you have five sacrificial chickens
handy. Also, eye of newt. =\

If you wanted to do this yourself, you would want to get the Windows
Debugging SDK, get a welding mask, and cross your fingers. Actually the
Windows Debugging SDK is fairly straight-forward, but that's relative to my
working on Windows for a long time now.

--
Speaking for myself only.
news

Old November 12th 07, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

msms001.vwp is still on your system.

Your system will not function properly if this is on your computer. You
must remove it.

Note that many codec uninstalls are broken, which makes this whole process
that much more ... enjoyable. I'm terribly sorry. People stole my work
(not ignoring Jim and company at Voxware, of course) and munged it badly to
make a quick buck for themselves. You were victimized here, and I deeply
apologize.

Kill msms001.vwp off your system and you should be much much happier. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
news

Old November 14th 07, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
pleinweb[_4_]

Aw shucks, I only have 4 sacrificial chickens and eye of gecko... I
guess I'll have to leave the real witchcraft to the pros.

Thank you! It took some digging but I found the file and eliminated it
and everything is running smoothly now. Your patience in dealing with
me is very much appreciated.

Old July 6th 08, 02:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
tomaso1z

i found this solution to crashing while trying to publis a video!......

you are to rename string value in the registry "msacm.voxacm160" to
"no.msacm.voxacm160" its located under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
NT/CurrentVersion/Driver32

now if its not there add it as a new string value....

START RUN (or windows Key+R)
type: regedit
go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows
NT/CurrentVersion/Driver32
right click "drivers32" folder NEW STRING
type: no.msacm.voxacm160
exit regedit

You should now be able to publish a movie!
Please let me know if this has solved other peoples query

--
tomaso1z
tomaso1z's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52617

Old July 26th 08, 10:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

What codec pack installed Voxware to your system?

You can also upgrade to Service Pack 1, which will make this particular
crash go away.

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old July 30th 08, 02:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Kittyburgers

Movie Maker constantly crashes when I click "publish". After it crashes
and is restarted, I can usually publish the video just fine, but
something in my graphics system seems wrong afterwards; that is: after a
crash (even when Movie Maker has been restarted) right clicking on the
desktop brings up a *faded" sub-menu ... when stays faded until the
mouse hovers over the menu. So, it is affecting the system after the
crash as well.

Details:

*******
Product
Windows Movie Maker

Problem
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
29/07/2008 19:36

Status
Report Sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangXProcB1
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549c305
Hang Signatu b2a4
Hang Type: 32
Waiting on Application Name: csrss.exe
Waiting on Application Version: 0.0.0.0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Hang Signature 1: 1d7ca1da620fb47b87c63e996713063a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 2fe6
Additional Hang Signature 3: b5c1132adcf3b94526740ed496085213
Additional Hang Signature 4: b2a4
Additional Hang Signature 5: 1d7ca1da620fb47b87c63e996713063a
Additional Hang Signature 6: 2fe6
Additional Hang Signature 7: b5c1132adcf3b94526740ed496085213

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 294759586

*****

--
Kittyburgers
Old July 30th 08, 10:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

That's not really a crash with that issue - it's a hang. Note the Problem
Event Name is "AppHang". Are you getting any actual crashes? Those are
easier to figure out. You're killing Movie Maker here after it gets stuck
somewhere. I don't *think* anyone in this newsgroup would be able to debug
AppHangXProcB1 hangs for you just based off of that information.

If you think it's your graphics system: what video card do you have? What
driver version do you have? Does the video card maker have updated drivers
on their web site?

What file types are you converting *from* in Movie Maker?

--
Speaking for myself only.