Windows Movie Maker crashes while rending video

Old August 26th 08, 12:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

Default Windows Movie Maker crashes while rending video

RayvanWolfbaen wrote:
Okay I have read several different options on how to fix my movie
maker that crashes when I publish. I have already unchecked all the
compadabilty things, also I ahve tried the volume control instead of
mute when I edit my video. Im running a dell inspiron 530s with vista
home premium 32-bit and I'm going crazy trying to fix this. I even
went so far as to download the movie maker 2.6 and it wont work either
although I get an entirely different problem with it. Movie maker
works fine for me on my xp laptop just not on this ^&*^(*%^$%@#
desktop.

This is my latest error code:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a76d
Exception Code: c000008c
Exception Offset: 000442eb
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Help please?!?!?!

=============================
What are the formats of your source files?

Is this a large project with many effects and transitions?

Are other programs running while you are using Movie Maker?

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old August 26th 08, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
RayvanWolfbaen

No other programs running, source files are jpgs, mpegs, maybe 20 clips
and pictures, mostly fades form one to the other and a bit of text over
video. That's about it.

--
RayvanWolfbaen
Old August 26th 08, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer

RayvanWolfbaen wrote:
No other programs running, source files are jpgs, mpegs, maybe 20
clips and pictures, mostly fades form one to the other and a bit of
text over video. That's about it.

===================================
The format of source files may be the problem...
have a look at the following articles:

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Old August 28th 08, 09:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

What's the fault bucket number:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old August 28th 08, 09:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
RayvanWolfbaen

bucket id: 649735709

thats it.

--
RayvanWolfbaen
Old August 29th 08, 12:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

OK, what file types containing audio are in the timeline when you're trying
to render the video?

Do you have old versions of ffdshow.ax or ac3filter.ax on this system?

The current FFDShow Tryouts version is 1.5 or so.

Old September 7th 08, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
hs350

Hello,

I have a similar issue when using the Movie maker to publish to DVD.
In my case, the computer shuts down when the DVD Maker is about 0.5%
into the encoding process. The thing is that I was able to make DVDs
when I got this computer about a year ago. As per suggestions in this
thread, I looked for Voxware or msms001.vwp, but neither was found.
Below is the problem report:

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: DvdMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Hang Signatu fdfc
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 584f67c48adb7a68652ecb757bfce763
Additional Hang Signature 2: 6afc
Additional Hang Signature 3: aa5e2e80363149938afa4df15d440bcf
Additional Hang Signature 4: fdfc
Additional Hang Signature 5: 584f67c48adb7a68652ecb757bfce763
Additional Hang Signature 6: 6afc
Additional Hang Signature 7: aa5e2e80363149938afa4df15d440bcf

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 13942035

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--HS

--
hs350
Old November 13th 08, 11:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
GarudaRazgriz

i get this on problemreports

Naam van probleemgebeurtenis: APPCRASH
Naam van de toepassing: MOVIEMK.exe
Versie van toepassing: 6.0.6000.16386
Tijdstempel van toepassing: 4549b5b6
Naam van foutmodule: atipdlxx.dll_unloaded
Versie van foutmodule: 0.0.0.0
Tijdstempel van foutmodule: 486d9af1
Uitzonderingscode: c0000096
Uitzonderingsmarge: 0a282a3b
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043
Aanvullende informatie 1: bb80
Aanvullende informatie 2: 35822569e8e48851f191eae3c032109e
Aanvullende informatie 3: 810a
Aanvullende informatie 4: 9164b4ad19a93ccc299eb0c99e808671

it's in dutch, srry for that

--
GarudaRazgriz
Old November 14th 08, 08:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
zachd [MSFT]

So what are the file properties on atipdlxx.dll on your system?

--
Speaking for myself only.

Old May 7th 09, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
wintallo[_2_]

I have had the same issue with publishing; however, I have found an
imperfect solution.

I can only get WMM to publish clips that are under 10 minutes in
length, so I cut my WMM file into sub-10 min clips (note: make sure you
save each clip as a different WMM file and keep an original full-length
file as well. Also, make sure you cut the sounds and transitions/titles
in each section, not just video.) and then publish each file to my
computer.

Now I have three WMA files (or whatever video format you prefer). I
then open Windows DVD Maker, add all of my published clips, and at last
I have my entire film burned to a DVD.

The published clips play in succession on the DVD, so make sure you add
them to WDM in the desired play order.

I hope this helps!

--
wintallo