Vista - Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

Old April 11th 08, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DenStorBunghåll

Default Vista - Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

hey everyone! =D.....i have has this problem since 2 months after i got
my Acer Aspire 5100, and that was about November of 2007, and i have no
freekin clue why this happened!!! i was just wanting to play GTA San
Andreas haha... and the only way i can get my disc drive to read
anything is to turn the laptop on (with the disc that i want inside
already), log in really quickly to vista, and then start watever program
i want to use directly when i log in...and it worked for me for about 3
weeks after i found that "quick fix"...but it doesnt do that now =( ,
and ever since the drive stopped working for me, i have no disc drive on
my computer, and not even listed in device manager....and sometimes when
it works before vista starts up, it shows up in the system bios...but
that hasnt happened for me in at least 2 months =(...damn windows
vista..... thats the only thing i dont like about it....everything else
about vista is good with me tho

--
DenStorBunghåll

Old May 20th 08, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Edwin67

Hello Vistaheads,

Nice to meet you all

I have a problem with my DVD drive (mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s) on my
Acer Aspire 5100 laptop. I have uninstalled the drivers after I receive
a error code 19. (some registry issue) Unfortunally after the restart,
vista was unable to reinstall the drivers

Does somebody have the drivers for the mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s drive
?

Kind regards
Edwin

--
Edwin67

Old May 20th 08, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
propman[_2_]

Edwin67 wrote:
Hello Vistaheads,

Nice to meet you all

I have a problem with my DVD drive (mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s) on my
Acer Aspire 5100 laptop. I have uninstalled the drivers after I receive
a error code 19. (some registry issue) Unfortunally after the restart,
vista was unable to reinstall the drivers

Does somebody have the drivers for the mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s drive
?

Might want to check out the following URL's to see if any of the
solutions posted will work for you:

http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=28311

http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/...7134&SiteID=17

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/6...ver-error.html
Old May 20th 08, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"Edwin67" wrote in message

Hello Vistaheads,

Nice to meet you all

I have a problem with my DVD drive (mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s) on my
Acer Aspire 5100 laptop. I have uninstalled the drivers after I receive
a error code 19. (some registry issue) Unfortunally after the restart,
vista was unable to reinstall the drivers

Does somebody have the drivers for the mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s drive
?

Kind regards
Edwin

--
Edwin67

You will most likely find the solution here..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old November 13th 08, 11:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
rob19880822

Thanks, works great on HP Pavilion dv6500

--
rob19880822
rob19880822's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/rob19880822.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old December 17th 08, 08:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
cindynsg

Hi everybody
I'm having the same problems with my mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s on my
Toshibe satellite. It's reading all the cd's as full and they are new.
(Maxell) I tried using other brand CD's to no avail. But the Upperfilter
and Lowerfilter keys doesnt exist in the registry.

--
cindynsg
cindynsg's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/cindynsg.htm

Old June 22nd 09, 08:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Perks

I followed the method and it worked for me - thanks to the guy who
posted the fix !

Richard - Seychelles

--
Richard Perks
Richard Perks's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/107824.htm

Old July 2nd 09, 10:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sands vs[_2_]

propman;3749069 Wrote:
The solution i am posting works perfectly for Acer laptops with Mat****a
UJ-850s. (I have tested it on Toshiba).

Method 1: Remove the registry entry

WARNING: Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry
incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method.

These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system.
Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the
registry at your own risk. Note If you had installed multiple CD-writing
software products on your computer, you need to uninstall the software
products before you remove the registry keys.

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete
on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click
Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete
on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click
Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

You will most likely find the solution here..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

Im having simular issues, so i clicked on the microsoft link and
clicked on fix it and now anydvd wont recignise my dvd player anymore
but everything else will. I tried to wind back but it fails when i try
to do it... So i tried after this to do the registry mod, and now anydvd
even after installing it still wont work and itunes wont work and it
still wont burn

--
sands vs
sands vs's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/110696.htm