Vista - Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

Old February 8th 07, 09:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Gaz

Default Vista - Mat****a DVD-RAM UJ-850S ATA Device

Hi,
For some reason my dvd drive has stopped working.

The error message I get is "Windows cannot load the device driver for this
hardware. The driver mat be corrupt or missing. (Code 39).

I have checked for solutions - removed the device, all to no avail.

Can anybody help?

I found a possible solution but not being the most technically minded I am a
bit worried that if I do the below I might wreck the machine.

Method 1: Remove the registry entry
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly
by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might
require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee
that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
Note If you had installed multiple CD-writing software products on your
computer, you need to uninstall the software products before you remove the
registry keys.1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
4. On the File menu, click Export.
5. In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
6. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.

Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on
the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

Thanks
Gaz
Old May 11th 07, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zimmi88

I am having the same problem with my computer as well. I tried the method you
described below, but that didn't work. In fact, it led to my computer failing
to start twice and ultimately having to run a System Restore. So, in short,
don't try that.

What's weird about the situation, though, is that it stopped working
suddenly and for no apparent reason.

If anybody has any suggestions as to how to solve this problem, it would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
-zimmi88

Old June 16th 07, 09:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David

Hi Gaz,

Did you find a solution to this problem? I guess all the users of this
Mat****a DVD-RAM drive running Vista have the same problem.

Thanks,
David

Old June 17th 07, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
zimmi88

Hi David. I reread the instructions Gaz posted and they do seem to work. The
error I encountered was my own fault (I misread the instructions). Follow the
instructions carefully, though, or you could seriously mess up your computer
(like I did). A big point to make sure of is that you should only have to
delete one registry key, not both!

Hope this helps!
-zimmi88 =)

Old December 31st 07, 03:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

I tried this solution with my NEC Versa L2200 running Vista Home Premium
and it worked once I deleted BOTH upper and lower filters. Hope this
helps someone.

Geoff

's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=38559
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=677663

http://forums.techarena.in

Old January 3rd 08, 08:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hurricane

Thanks you!

IT WORKS! mat****a dvd-ram uj-850s (Vista)

--
Hurricane

Old January 8th 08, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
vkcelik

I have the quite same problem. The drive reads original cd's/dvd's
bought from stores. But it cant read/write burned cd's/dvd's. And I've
tried to do the registry hack. But the Upperfilter and Lowerfilter keys
doesnt exist.. I've tried to remove the drive driver from the device
manager list and let Windows reinstall the driver itself. It installed
the driver but drive have the same problems.

Thanks in advance
PS: i have Windows XP

--
vkcelik
vkcelik's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=39178

Old February 8th 08, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
renel1208

i have the same problem and i did all those solution by deleting the
"upper and lower" filters but my dvd drive now doesn't exist and i spent
hours for fixing this problem.pls give me a hand for this it will be a
great pleasure to have something from you thank you very much.By the way
the errode is "Code 28" thanks again

--
renel1208

Old February 9th 08, 07:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
renel1208[_2_]

just to clear that error code its "code 28" thanks..!

--
renel1208

Old February 20th 08, 02:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
dc1420

Thank you so much, I just got this error a few hours ago, and have been
looking all over for the solution. I hope it works, and will tell you
about it soon!!!!!!! Thanks again

--
dc1420