WMDC and HTC STRTRK

Old February 8th 07, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron Pollock

Default WMDC and HTC STRTRK

I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything working smoothly
except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular branded HTC
StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches for the
drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not successfully
installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other phones
on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC has proved
fruitless.

Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver
locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hours after
which plugging in the phone reaches the same results.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old February 8th 07, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Aaron,

Is that a Cingular 3125?
I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this, but
no problems whatsoever using WMDC.
Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta?
Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86)

The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for
Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop.
But their tech support said they are working on it.
Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone

If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too.
Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and
Ultimate x86

Jeff

Old February 8th 07, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron Pollock

Jeff,

Thank you for the quick response. You are correct on both accounts, I am
using the Cingular 3125 and x86. This is a retail copy, so I assume it's not
a beta, but I'll download the new one just in case. My roommate tried his
Spring PPC6700 on this PC as well to no avail. What are your pertinent
security and network settings? did you have to do anything special to get it
to work or just plug and play? I'll let the install run full circle, perhaps
I'm just being impatient.

Aaron

Old February 8th 07, 05:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Aaron,

When you say retail copy, do you mean the disc that comes with the
phone?
If so, last I checked, that disc has got Active Synch on it-not WMDC.
Sorry if you knew that,but the disc included with my phone(bought it 3 weeks
ago-is all)
is for xp only-not Vista.

Actually gotta run for now, but I'll get back to ya-
nope nothin special-just dloaded the x86 WMDC from here

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playLang=enOhh and let it install; it does look like it's not done-at least with me itdid.But when i plugged in the usb cable(hate that plug on the phone-btw) itfinished installing.Installed WMDC first, then plugged in the Star trek phone(LOL)NPLaptop is on "private" for network, and nothin special; runnin Avast AV(freebtw-and great), if you are runnin WLOC or even McAfee Enterprise 8.1 (or 8.5can't remember) for Vista, ya may need to disable them to get WMDC toinstall. With McAfee Enterprise-for sure disable it to install WMDC-McAfeeEnterprise doesn't let ya run from a temp folder to install(which is goodsecurity wise,but most installs do that)I'll get back to ya,ohh and chk out the smartphone newsgroup-lotsa ppl may be able to help inthere-microsoft.public.smartphone:-)Jeff"Aaron Pollock" wrote in ... Jeff, Thank you for the quick response. You are correct on both accounts, I am using the Cingular 3125 and x86. This is a retail copy, so I assume it'snot a beta, but I'll download the new one just in case. My roommate tried his Spring PPC6700 on this PC as well to no avail. What are your pertinent security and network settings? did you have to do anything special to getit to work or just plug and play? I'll let the install run full circle,perhaps I'm just being impatient. Aaron "Jeff" wrote: Aaron, Is that a Cingular 3125? I'm assuming so, I have that one, if it is, and sorry to tell you this,but no problems whatsoever using WMDC. Did you install the final WMDC,and not the beta? Are you running Vista x86 or x64? (I'm running x86) The only issue I've had, is that HTC doesn't have modem drivers for Vista yet, to use the phone as a modem for my laptop. But their tech support said they are working on it. Might want to try this ng too-- microsoft.public.smartphone If I can help anymore; I'd be glad too. Sorry, but no problems whatsoever running WMDC with a Cingular 3125 and Ultimate x86 Jeff "Aaron Pollock" Aaron wrote inmessage ... I recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate and have everything workingsmoothly except for WMDC; I've yet been unable to sync with my Cingular brandedHTC StrTrk phone. Upon plugging the phone in via USB, Windows searches forthe drivers and returns shortly with "Device Driver software was not successfully installed. Windows mobile device Failed." I've attempted to use other phones on this system with no improvement. Contacting Cingular or HTC hasproved fruitless. Upon attempting to reinstall WMDC the "scanning preconfigured driver locations" message pops up and stays that way for upwards of 8 hoursafter which plugging in the phone reaches the same results. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old February 8th 07, 05:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Aaron,

Sumfin funky happenned to my response.
It's all there-just gotta read it, seems the line breaks didn't populate.
Sorry
:-(

Jeff

Old February 8th 07, 06:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Aaron Pollock

Jeff,

The retail was in reference to Vista. Meaning it's not a beta or anything of
the like. I assume WMDC would be final as well, but I could be wrong. Either
way I've updated WMDC fully. From device manager this is the problem I am
running into.

quote
Windows was able to successfully install device driver software, but the
driver software encountered a problem when it tried to run. The problem code
is 10.

Problem signatu
Problem Event Name: PnPDeviceProblemCode
Architectu x86
Hardware Id: TCPIP\WINDOWS_MOBILE_DEVICE
Setup class GUID: {eec5ad98-8080-425f-922a-dabf3de3f69a}
PnP problem code: 0000000A
Driver name: WUDFRd.sys
Driver version: 6.0.6000.16386
Driver date: 11-02-2006
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
/quote

Old February 8th 07, 06:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jeff

Aaron,

I'll look into it further, but try the smartphone newsgroup too-
microsoft.public.smartphone
I'm using a dell laptop-e1505-sorry-no problems here.
Umm, just from looking at that event id, and device manager-on my laptop
that's coming from the Portable Devices-subfile-Smartphone
My device manager sees that fine-all the guids match yours etc.

Don't get upset-but- have ya rebooted your pc?