Toshiba Gigabeat and XP compatible w/ Vista?

Old February 8th 07, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Daisey826

Default Toshiba Gigabeat and XP compatible w/ Vista?

I have a Toshiba Gigabeat that is XP compatible. Will I ever be able to use
it with Vista? At this point, I can't even get the softwear to load properly.
Does Vista not recognize softwear that is XP compatible? Or will I have to
buy all new devices now that I have Vista on my computer? I am just
frustrated because my old computer had Windows 98 on it and it was too old to
use my MP3 player. And now I just bought a new laptop on Sunday, and it seems
that its too new! Please help!! Thanks!!
Old February 8th 07, 08:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave B.

That would be a question for Toshiba, they are responsible for providing
compatible Vista drivers.

--
----
http://www.db-pc.com

Old February 15th 07, 06:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
billinnatick

Where can I down load Gigabeat Room 3.0? Are you talking about the firmware
for the device or the software for the computer?

Old February 15th 07, 07:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
R. McCarty

It's a combination Firmware/Software upgrade. Download is found
at: http://www.toshiba.co.th/download/support.html
*Thailand site, so a bit slow - Download link in 2nd category on page

Old February 15th 07, 11:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
billinnatick

Thank you, I downloaded it I think (didn't really get any kind of message
telling me it was done). Anyway, I connected the gigabeat using the cradle.
Vista searched for drivers, installed them and now it all works.
Bill

Old January 15th 09, 08:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
GirlMeant2Fly

I have a Toshiba Gigabeat MES60V and I have lost my installation CD!
The link on this thread isn't working for me--can someone please tell me
where I can download the software/driver I need to be able to work with
my Mp3 player on my computer (using Windows Vista)?

--
GirlMeant2Fly