Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

Sidewinder joystick not compatable for vista?

Old November 13th 09, 06:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Phil Rhodes

Default Sidewinder joystick not compatable for vista?

Oh, I forgot - check your "system requirements" and if DirectX 9.0 is
required, I don't think your game will work in Vista, as DirectX 10.0 is
built in At any rate, run the diagnostic "DxDiag" and see what it says.

"Phil Rhodes" wrote in message
I have an old Windows 98 computer that I sometime play games on and my
Soundblaster sound card would not recognize my analog Sidewinder FF
joystick. So I went to a RE-PC store and bought and old cheap sound card
(definately worse quality) but the joystick worked in the game port on the
sound card. I use a headset for sound in the game anyway, so no big deal.

"static6" wrote in message

usb to gameport adaptors will not work as they only support analogue
controllers, I don't think the drivers support usb anyway. It appears
that your gameport is recognised, but unknown, I had a similar problem,
and had to auto detect several times, before the stick was recognised.
perhaps your game port is not standard, try also reinstalling your sound
card drivers which control your game port. calibrating your stick once
it is finaly recognised. If that fails, try updating your sound card
drivers.

--
static6
static6's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/154412.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 16th 09, 01:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Geoffrey Cohen[_2_]

All versions of DirectX are backwards compatible. If a game requires
DirectX 9.x, then it will work with DirectX 10.x.
--
Geoffrey Cohen