Vista ready printers

Old February 9th 07, 01:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Christian

Default Vista ready printers

lol,same boat ur in got the new vista system up but none of my accessories
work my printer did at first under system ad new printer but stopped after i
reset my computer message comes up" insert cd 'drivers dont work ,,,,,,ive
called hp and they said in about two weeks there going to start releasing
drivers on the hp site

"rvpaul" wrote:

I need a printer to replace my Photosmart 7150 since there is no drivers
available. What is out there that is Vista ready?

Old February 16th 08, 08:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bssgrl

I have tried everything possible to get my HP PSC 500 to work with Vista, I
had no problems with XP. The driver is there, but it presents an error when I
go to print. I have contacted HP and they tell me because my machine, which
is in perfect working condition, is 5 yrs old it will not work with Vista. I
find this totally unacceptable and would like to find a solution to this
other than spending more money unneccessarily to get a 2nd printer that I
don't want or have room for
Any real suggestions out there?

--
VISTA IS EVIL

Old February 16th 08, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim[_21_]

"rvpaul" wrote:

I need a printer to replace my Photosmart 7150 since there is no
drivers
available. What is out there that is Vista ready?

The solution to your problem isn't going to change. Buy another printer.
That's just the way it is.

Old February 16th 08, 11:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bob F.[_3_]

This is what the HP site says:
________________
HP PSC 500/500xi All-in-One
Introduction
The driver solution for this product is included in your Windows Vista
operating system and is already on your computer. There is no need to
download anything . Follow the steps below to quickly and easily get your
product working with Windows Vista.
Installing the printer driver
Verify that the printer is turned on.
Connect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable to the printer and to the
computer.
A Your devices are ready to use window might display on the screen. If the
window displays and does not close automatically, close the window.
Print a test page to verify that the printer is working correctly.
_________________

I remember the HP printer I had came with both a parallel and USB port.
Which one are you using?
Bob F.

Old February 17th 08, 01:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hobo

Bob F. wrote:
This is what the HP site says:
________________
[...]

In addition to what Bob said, it's very important that the
drivers be installed *before* the printer is connected to
the computer. This seems to be a requirement with almost all
HP drivers.

Hobo

Old February 17th 08, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

You can do an in-place upgrade first instead of a fresh install. Insert the
dvd at the desktop and click install now. Pay careful attention to any
compatibility report. You will need to go to WU and bring the system back
up to date with patches but you will not have to reinstall any apps.

"Hobo" wrote in message

Bob F. wrote:
This is what the HP site says: