Old April 22nd 07, 07:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Daemonfyre

Default lnk file association

No luck, restarted, still gives error message. Tried running the process
monitor too, no changes.

"dean-dean" wrote:

Have you tried the .reg file merge with User Account Control disabled?

"Daemonfyre" wrote in message
Anyone got any other suggestions or any idea why none of what is supposed
work is working? I know I'm not the only one having a problem like this,
there's even someone else posting with the exact same problem on the help
page for the file association fixes(commend #4):
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/

It's really annoying having to track down .exes or having to go through
the
properties menu every time I want to start a program.