Old April 24th 07, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ilia Sacson [MS]

Default lnk file association

Try removing this part:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\lnkfile\shellex\PropertySheetHan dlers\ShimLayer Property
Page]
@="{513D916F-2A8E-4F51-AEAB-0CBC76FB1AF8}"

Ilia

"Daemonfyre" wrote in message
The link to the file is the one I posted earlier:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/105/1/

I downloaded the lnk fix file from there. And I tried the new program you
suggest and I don't see anything that looks to me like it's trying to
access
the keys, I made sure any of the Norton stuff that came with the Vista
upgrade was killed and killed Windows Defender, still got the message.
Killed explorer and ran the file through Process Explorer and it still
gives
the error message.