Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

Old February 10th 07, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
cyb3rb0y_gr

Default Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Network

Hi,

I've recently bought Windows Vista Ultimate but after installtion I've
some very very nasty network problems. Well my network configuarion is as
follows:

3 Pc's Running Win XP Pro SP2 ( one of them is laptop )
1 Pc Running Windows Server 03 R2 ( with all updates )
1 Pc Running Win Vista Ultimate 32bit ( will all updates and WHQL Drivers )
Cisco Router 876w (latest rev)

Now for the problem, when I installed Windows Vista I could not see any pc
except mine in the network map. After I browsed throught the newsgroups I
found the LLTD solutions which I tried to apply immidiatly with no luck... (
I installed LLTD update to the pc's that didn't have it already ). Well after
trying that I am posting here to seek help! Please note that I can't ping 1
computer in the same workgroup-network which I could prior to my upgrade to
Windows Vista. Still sometimes I can ping it and rarely I can see these 3
pc's in my network map but without beeing able to access any network
resources on them (such as shared files or printers). When I double click
them the Explorer gives me a 0x80070035 error. Anyway an exception is the
laptop whichrun the excact same network configuration that all the other
computers have, but the main difference is that while I am not able to see it
in my network map I can ping it and I can access it if I type \\laptop-name\

I've run out of ideas...

P.S. No firewalls are present while I am testing this... so it has nothing
to do with blocks stuff etc...

Please help!
--
asdf
Old February 10th 07, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
pewe

I have a similar problem.

When I first installed Vista I could see my XP PC and browse it, and I could
see the Vista PC from the XP one and browse it (although I had to enter the
Vista Admin password first.

Suddenly on re-boot this morning I cannot see the XP PC in Vista 'Network'
(but it appears in the Map), and although I can see the Vista one in XP it
will not allow me to connect.

I checked all the settings and they are as the MS help file suggests.

Can anyone explain how MS have set up this obscurely problematic networking
and what the problem might be?

(I can't imagine how the average home user is going to wade through the
complexities of Vista networking for their multiple PC home network).

Old February 10th 07, 05:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
[email protected]

On Feb 10, 11:38 am, cyb3rb0y_gr wrote:
[...]

I have same problem. Trying to add a Vista Home Premium laptop to an
existing networ that has an xp home laptop and I can sometimes see
icons for each on each, but the dirves are inaccessible. With the XP
box I can click the Vista laptop icon and see the c drive but can go
no further. On the vista box I sometimes can see the xp box but
cannot even get to the point of seeing the drives on the XP box.

Old February 10th 07, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
pewe

Default Vista Network Problem / Sharing / Computers not Showing on Net

On Forums all over the net there are people with similar problems, but the
only responses from MS are to point them at really obscure technical data or
information.

Geesh - this will certainly put off a lot of the home user market.

Old February 10th 07, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
cyb3rb0y_gr

Micrsoft...with all the respect that I have...I've payed a LOT of bucks to
get that Vista OS of yours... please try and be reasonable and help me find
my missing computers..... Please!
Old April 5th 07, 10:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
taylor

I have a similar problem. I have 3 PC's on my wireless network:
- Desktop running Vista
- Desktop running XP Home Edition
- Laptop running XP Professional

I can't see any PC on my wireless home network. I can see the wireless
print server and the router. From the Desktop running XP I can see the Vista
PC in My Network Places, but I can't browse it. I get the error message that
I may not have resource permissions, and the file path cannot be found. I
have set up file sharing on the Vista PC and those shared files show up on
the Network map of the Vista PC. I have disabled the personal firewalls on
both machines to test the file sharing. Ihave also tried to ping the Vista
PC from the XP Desktop by its name and by its IP address. Neither were
successful.

Old June 7th 09, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
antoinefinch

My winxp shows vista pc on network but my vista only shows it and my
Zyxel 660 gateway on its network page.Also I cant ping my winxp pc from
my vista pc, I can ping my vista pc from my winxp pc.

here is my setup

Zyxel EQ-660HW ADSL Gateway
Compaq Presario 5000 WinXP SP3 connected thru ethernet to gateway
HP DV6755 Vista Wireless connection to Gateway

got it both to show last night but when I turned on the Vista this
morning winxp was not showing under networks.

--
antoinefinch
antoinefinch's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/104021.htm

http://forums.techarena.in