HP LightScribe writer not working in Vista Home Premium

Old April 7th 07, 01:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike

Default HP LightScribe writer not working in Vista Home Premium

Kishor,

I have that same computer and burner (HP) and I just checked again and it
still does do Lightscribe with the supplied Creator Basic. So, it probably
is not the drivers or Software.

Mike

"Kishor M Jadhav" Kishor M wrote in
message ...

"Kishor M Jadhav" wrote:

I have an HP m7660in Media Center PC Vista Home Premium,
the LightScribe writer that came with the computer can no longer burn
disks,
on cd's or dvd's. In device manager it's listed as HL-DT-ST DVDRRW
GSA-H30L
ATA Device. I have been checking the HP software website for updated
drivers but nothing so far. Is this my only option, wait for an updated
driver, or is there anything I can do to get this working? Thanks in
advance for any help.

Old May 29th 08, 05:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
kdawggydawg

Well Unfortunately... i aswell have this poopy drive that no firmware
update will fix yet.. i have problems reading data disc and things.. It
works fine with the creator basic yeh but thats bout it... I have tried
many things to fix.. but one thing i'v found is that if you right click
on drive go to properties than click change settings go to drivers
disable it than enable works fine discs read great after.. u tell me y
hahaa!!!

--
kdawggydawg
Old May 29th 08, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst[_2_]

What kind of computer is this and is the drive connected by IDE cable or
SATA? Did the computer come with Vista preinstalled or did you upgrade to
Vista from XP? How about some specifics so we can try to help you figure it
out?

Old May 30th 08, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel[_4_]

"Kishor M Jadhav" wrote:

I have an HP m7660in Media Center PC Vista Home Premium,
the LightScribe writer that came with the computer can no longer
burn
disks,
on cd's or dvd's. In device manager it's listed as HL-DT-ST DVDRRW
GSA-H30L
ATA Device. I have been checking the HP software website for updated
drivers but nothing so far. Is this my only option, wait for an
updated
driver, or is there anything I can do to get this working? Thanks in
advance for any help.

--
kdawggydawg

What I would like to ask is: HAVE YOU INSTALLED THE UPDATED
LIGHTSCRIBE SOFTWARE YET?

If not, it simply won't work.

Get it he
http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/

Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original newsgroup and thread.
Old May 30th 08, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Donald L McDaniel[_4_]

On Fri, 30 May 2008 14:08:09 -0700, Donald L McDaniel
wrote:

What I would like to ask is: HAVE YOU INSTALLED THE UPDATED
LIGHTSCRIBE SOFTWARE YET?

If not, it simply won't work.

Get it he
http://www.lightscribe.com/downloadSection/

Sorry, Colin: I replied to the wrong person. My reply was not meant
for you, but for the OP.

Old May 31st 08, 04:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lid8nhx

I was going to ask the same thing... Without this it doesn't really work
properly.. I see I need to update my own as this was just issued in
march....... I'm using a standard microsoft driver for the lightscribe
dvd burner... but have this software installed......

'LightScribe - Downloads - Windows'
(http://www.lightscribe.com/downloads...ex.aspx?id=810)

--
Lid8nhx
Old June 5th 08, 10:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
padneen

"unknown" wrote:

open regedit

click on hkey local machine
software
microsoft
windows nt
current version
double click winlogon
double click allocatecdroms to the right you will see a value of one change
to 0
and everything should be alright

the reason is if you are using a reg cleaner it changes the value to 1 so
just change it back to zero hope this helps