Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card

Old June 25th 07, 09:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mark

Default Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card

On 25 May, 00:00, huwyngr wrote:
Really strange -- if you ever sort it out do let us know!

I haven't found a solution yet either - though I can try using my
camera as the card reader. I do have 2 generic card readers, both of
which work fine with XP and Windows 2003 Server, without requiring any
drivers etc. Small capacity SD cards do work for me (my 1GB and 512MB
cards work ok), it's just the 2GB cards that won't work. I tried
Maxell, Sandisk and Kingston branded 2GB SD cards.

I also tried the SD hotfix, didn't change behaviour on my PC at all.

Old June 26th 07, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
huwyngr

In article . com, Mark
wrote:

it's just the 2GB cards that won't work.

There's a known problem with earlier versions of one Toshiba laptop
group for which Toshiba say there is no solution except to use an
external card reader.

Old July 25th 07, 06:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

The KB article listed is for SD host controllers (sdbus.sys). It takes
no effect on USB card reader (using usbstor.sys and disk.sys). If you
believe your 2.0GB card in your card reader does not work under XP,
could you try to format the card and copy a 1GB file to it? If it
works, please let me know the brand and model of your card reader and
the card.

Thanks,
-yue

Old July 25th 07, 08:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
huwyngr

Sorry -- it's not my problem -- I was offering background.

Please go back to the first message in the discussion and post the
message to the original poster.

Old November 1st 07, 11:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pedro_silva

I got the same problem here. I have a notebook hp nc6400 running windows
vista and it was not able to recognize correctly my 2GB SD card. The
solution above I found in a forum at HP.com.

Run regedit and edit the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\t ifm21\Parameters.
Change the value from 16 (Decimal) to 1. Reboot and voilą.

It worked fine for me... I hope it can work for you guys too.

Regards

--
pedro_silva
pedro_silva's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=34158

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 4th 07, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

do you have the actual link to the forum? the info you posted may be
specific to TI controllers or a subset of them.

Before anyone tried this, they should back up the registry key.

On Fri, 2 Nov 2007 06:18:03 +0530, pedro_silva
wrote:

I got the same problem here. I have a notebook hp nc6400 running windows
vista and it was not able to recognize correctly my 2GB SD card. The
solution above I found in a forum at HP.com.

Run regedit and edit the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ tifm21\Parameters.
Change the value from 16 (Decimal) to 1. Reboot and voilą.

It worked fine for me... I hope it can work for you guys too.

Regards

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Old November 10th 07, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pedro_silva[_2_]

Hi, the link is the following:
http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/f...readId=1139027

As you said, I guess this solution applies only to card readers made by
Texas Instruments.

Best Regards

Old November 10th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

thanks for the update

Old November 10th 07, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
coljohnhannibalsmith[_21_]

I have a similar thread he

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/1053...ers-vista.html

-John

--
coljohnhannibalsmith

I love it when a plan comes together.
It keeps me "on the jazz!"
Old January 27th 08, 06:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nekro

card reader was fine, but now it can't read 2gb sd cards again in sp1 rc1
refresh.

MS really better fix this once and for all