Old April 27th 07, 11:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jw93

Default "USB Device not Recognized"

I am interested in an answer to this question. My device has worked on Vista
but more times than not I get the message that is in quotes below. My device
is an external hard drive. Worked just fine on XP.

"Tex" wrote:

"Don" wrote in message
Tex wrote:
"...One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and
Windows does not recognize it..."

I already tried deleting infcache.1 but it had no effect.

Do you know what the device is? Did it ever work correctly on Vista?

Yes...a webcam. I've tried two different webcams, at least one of which
worked fine previously in Vista (the second one (a new logitech) I just
bought two nights ago...vista compatible). Plugging in either produces the
same error. When I plug in my digital camera into the same usb port it
works fine (as a detected storage device).

- tex