A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

Old February 11th 07, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
plb2862

Default A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

"Tom Willett" wrote in message
Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

If you truly believed that you'd be using a linux system.

Old February 11th 07, 09:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Robert Moir

Ted Landry wrote:
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

A very amusing video but complete nonsense of course. While UAC is
definately not implemented as well as it ought to be and is a real problem
when you're setting up a new system to work how you like, once you're over
that hurdle it's about as intrusive as the sudo prompts on the Apple, which
MS stole the UAC concept from.

But hey, let's not allow the facts to get in the way of pointless bickering.

--
Robert Moir
OS X & Windows user.

Old February 11th 07, 10:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ron Miller

Ted Landry wrote:
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Well, might be funny, might not, but I don't know, because like the
ultimate troll you are, you posted a link to a QuickTime file. You
should know that none of us allow that bloatware on our computers
Old February 11th 07, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Rock

"Ted Landry" wrote

A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Another Mac troll, pathetic really.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]
Old February 11th 07, 10:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

"Peter M" wrote:

ummmm... osx is based on linux not unix. And if osx is the most popular
worldwide how come it only has 3% marketshare and in server markets probably
only about 1% if that? And I see like most Mac zealots you took Allchin's
comment out of context to make your fisher price activity centre look
better. Open Source, errrr, read apple eula's on their software and you'll
find you are not allowed to modify, reverse engineer etc just like MS
software so so much for open source. Funny about the "uneducated", overall
I'd say windows users know more about computers in general. OSX is fairly
new in the OS game and most mac users are still used to pre-osx mac OS where
they relied on apple stores to fix, install everything. Also many windows
users also use linux.

Nah, OSX is based on Unix... NOT the "after school project" called Linux.

This is what IBM has to say about OSX and FreeBSD (which is what OSX is
based on)

"The FreeBSD operating system is the unknown giant among free operating
systems. Starting out from the 386BSD project, it is an extremely fast
UNIX®-like operating system mostly for the Intel® chip and its clones.
In many ways, FreeBSD has always been the operating system that
GNU/Linux®-based operating systems should have been. It runs on
out-of-date Intel machines and 64-bit AMD chips, and it serves terabytes
of files a day on some of the largest file servers on earth."

much more he

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...ry/os-freebsd/

OSX currently has 5.9% marketshare up about 3% over the last 18 months.
In the server space it's less than 1% but it's remains the best overall
value for anyone in an enterprise, industrial or research situation. The
game is now over for Microsoft, now it's just how fast the rest of the
world finds out about inexpensive OSX Server and the inexpensive Xserve.

Here is what InfoWorld has to say about the major change coming to
Servers worldwide:

Xserve is far better than the commodity server that the Intel x86 market
expects. But what really blasts Apple's competition is OS X Server. The
present Tiger (10.4) release is more than a match for much more
expensive commercial Linux, and far more capable out of the box than
Windows 2003 Server. Early next year, OS X Server Leopard (10.5) will
transform Apple's already industry-leading Xserve, including the model
reviewed here, into an unimaginably feature-rich native 64-bit server
platform. And guess what? When you buy it, you're done paying for it,
and all of the services you have to buy, build or rent with Windows,
Linux or pay-as-you-go service outsourcing, are installed on every
Xserve's boot drive. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer Xserve's buy
once, run forever approach.

http://weblog.infoworld.com/enterpri...apple_xserve_t
h.html

-

Windows simply can't win against OSX going forward, and I'm hear to let
you in on the great news!

Old February 11th 07, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

"plb2862" wrote:

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

If you truly believed that you'd be using a linux system.

No. Linux doesn't have enough of a foundation to last compared to the
fast development of OSX. Linux is barely on the radar compared to OSX in
the consumer space. Linux is only good for embedded devices and some
high end computing situations, but the mass market for Unix is OSX.

The world's largest deployment of PC's running Unix is OSX, 4 or 5 times
the size of Linux. 18,000 new OSX boxes come online every 24 hours.

http://developer.apple.com/

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/index.html
Old February 11th 07, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

Ron Miller wrote:

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Well, might be funny, might not, but I don't know, because like the
ultimate troll you are, you posted a link to a QuickTime file. You
should know that none of us allow that bloatware on our computers

Ron, you ARE behind. QuickTime on Windows works fine if you have a
modern machine. You must still be running a Tandy box, is that true?

Trust me, download QuickTime and join the modern world. You can learn
why it's the main platform for all types of media worldwide... he

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/whyqt/

Download it he (use any email address/does not need to be valid)

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

If you aren't quite ready to become apart of the modern world you can
always uninstall it after you watch the funny clip.
Old February 11th 07, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

"Shane Nokes" wrote:

Actually Jim didn't state that, but that's ok because Mac users can't
actually read

Perhaps if you did your research you would find out what he actually said
and how that was only part of a sentence pulled out of context

Trust me I know Jim personally and that's not his view.

Yes, Jim did state that, the "direct quote" from the transcript is:

"I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft."

the full transcript is he

At least he is retiring, so he'll finally be able to move up to a Mac
once he leaves. (probably one of the main reasons TO retire

Old February 11th 07, 11:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Diamontina Cocktail

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
"Tom Willett" wrote:

Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults; computers
for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work; computers
for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use. It's the power
house of Personal Computing, only the uneducated use Windows at this
point in the game. Unix is where all the smart people go when they want
the best, that's why OSX is the most popular Unix worldwide.

Yeah that is why, back around 2002 there were 6% of people worldwide using
the toys and in 2006 that dropped to 4% roughly.