A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

Old February 12th 07, 01:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Richard Urban

Default A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

You lose!

http://www.apple.com/universal/crossgrade/

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
Conor wrote:

Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults;
computers
for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work;
computers
for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use.

BWAHAHAHA

Windows PCs can't run complex software like this...

http://www.apple.com/shake/

I wonder why?

Old February 12th 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Diamontina Cocktail

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote:

Yeah that is why, back around 2002 there were 6% of people worldwide
using
the toys and in 2006 that dropped to 4% roughly.

actually, OSX increasingly takes share away from windows each month.
people have discovered the power of high end computing and are giving up
on poorly built windows as a result.

ps: just because you haven't used a Mac, doesn't mean it's a toy. it's
what the Big Boys and Girls use when they want the most power under the
hood with the strongest OS made today.

Wrong again. Go find out for yourself though, troll.

Old February 12th 07, 02:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Chuck Davis

"Rock" wrote in message
"Ted Landry" wrote

A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Another Mac troll, pathetic really.
--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

If you folks like the Macs so much - get out of the Microsoft newsgroups and
let us enjoy!

Old February 12th 07, 02:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Scott

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 13:09:36 -0700, Ted Landry spake
thusly:

A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Please don't feed the trolls.
--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
Old February 12th 07, 02:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

Scott wrote:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

that's a classic insider quote. love it!

just hope the newbies that still top-post, and then get upset if you try
and correct them will figure it out... probably not.
Old February 12th 07, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ted Landry

"Richard Urban" wrote:

You lose!

http://www.apple.com/universal/crossgrade/

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

BWAHAHAHA

Windows PCs can't run complex software like this...

http://www.apple.com/shake/

I wonder why?

No Richard Urban - You don't understand what a "crossgrade" or
"universal" means.

It means someone that is running the Mac-PowerPC version can
"crossgrade" to the Mac-Intel version getting the code that runs on both
types of Macs. It never, ever means a Windows machine can somehow
magically run complex OSX level software, by buying a "crossgrade" to
the Mac-Intel version.

So YOU lose!!!!!!! Big time! and TWICE in one post! ----

And lastly, being an "MVP", you should also know not to TOP-POST on
Usenet. That's an elementary mistake by a newbie, not someone that
claims to have skills troubleshooting Windows.
Old February 12th 07, 03:13 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Ted Landry

Bob wrote:

"If" it is true that MAC sales are increasing, it may be because they finally
come loaded with Windows XP now so you can actually use some main stream
software.

What? No Mac comes with Windows XP, never has, never will. What would be
the point?

WIndows software is locked into the dark ages compared to the OSX
software library. OSX has over 14,000 modern Apps, XP and Vista have
fewer than 2,400 combined!

Please learn a little about Mac OSX, it's the OS you really want, but
don't yet know it...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/over200.html
Old February 12th 07, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Adam Albright

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 21:13:05 -0700, Ted Landry wrote:

Bob wrote:

"If" it is true that MAC sales are increasing, it may be because they finally
come loaded with Windows XP now so you can actually use some main stream
software.

What? No Mac comes with Windows XP, never has, never will. What would be
the point?

WIndows software is locked into the dark ages compared to the OSX
software library. OSX has over 14,000 modern Apps, XP and Vista have
fewer than 2,400 combined!

Please learn a little about Mac OSX, it's the OS you really want, but
don't yet know it...

http://www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures/over200.html

Its pretty obvious from all the moronic posts from Mac freaks that
obviously few if any of you do any serious work on your computer or
you wouldn't have time to troll a Windows help newsgroup.

I did a quick check in my field of interest, video editing.

OSX offers Final Cut Pro and a few Mickey Mouse offerings. Adobe
announced recently it no longer will support the Mac platform with its
popular video editor.

Windows offers many professional level applications including what
most of the big boys in Hollywood use; AVID*

*Avid Technology, Inc. is the world leader in digital nonlinear media
creation, management and distribution solutions, enabling film, video,
audio, animation, games, and broadcast news professionals.

Another popular offering from Sony, called Vegas, is also only
available on the Windows platform.

So your claim there are 14,000 apps, seems bogus, unless you count
games. LOL!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...iting_software

Now just to rub your nose in the dirt I looked on the Mac page. Their
top of the line "system" seems to be the Quad Core which would set me
back $2500 plus shipping and tax, no monitor! It shows it has a "big"
hard drive of 250GB. LOL! Well, I have 2 TB. Then there is Final Cut
Pro. I'd need that at minimum to replace just Vegas, that cost another
$1,300 and I didn't even replace my 24 inch 1920x1200 HD monitor from
Dell that cost about $800 and the Apple version costs more or just to
add a convertor to use my current monitor would set me back another
$100. Even if I got the cheaper Mac "Pro" that TOY only comes with a
17 inch monitor as a "system" that runs at maximum at a lower
resolution then I already have and comes with a toy drive of just
160GB yet it costs $2800 or nearly three times what my PC system does
that has both far more hard drive capacity and a more beefy video
card. In the present configuration I can add a 1 TB hard drive to the
IDE channel, I have six more SATA channels that's another 6 TB, plus I
could add another SATA controller as a external card or another IDE
car and expand way beyond that. Can a Mac? No, apparently it tops out
at 3 TB.

Can you Mac Freaks do simple math? You're really taking a DOWNGRADE
and paying triple the price!

Just to switch I would need to spend upwards of $6,000 to "replace" a
system I build for $830 which includes the MB, 1 GB memory and
graphics card + $800 for the monitor and another $700 for the drives
plus toss out thousands of dollars worth of Windows software. I used a
case, keyboard, power supply and trackball I had. So even adding that
in, I'm still way ahead of the game in out of pocket expenses. So you
idiots screaming get a Mac are basically full of it since it isn't a
practical solution for a lot of people. Why don't you get a life?

Old February 12th 07, 05:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Scott

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 20:59:40 -0700, Ted Landry spake
thusly:

Scott wrote:

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

that's a classic insider quote. love it!

just hope the newbies that still top-post, and then get upset if you try
and correct them will figure it out... probably not.

"oldbies" in the microsoft* newsgroups do it constantly and many get
****ed off when they read my sig.....
--
Scott http://angrykeyboarder.com

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.