A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

Old February 12th 07, 10:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Hertz_Donut

Default A quick movie for Vista users! So funny!

"Roy Coorne" wrote in message
"Hertz_Donut" wrote in message

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

MACS are for elitist brain-dead snobs that can't figure out that they are
using a platform with barely no support from anyone but Apple.

If everyone used a MAC, we'd still be stuck in 1979.

Honu

Wake up, Honu!

The situation has changed fundamentally since SJ switched to Intel, see,
e. g.

http://screen-online.de/blog/archives/000475.php

Roy

*YAWN* So I have to spend more to get an MAC that runs windows? I think
not.

MAC zealots never give up...

Honu

Old February 12th 07, 10:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Hertz_Donut

"Peter Hayes" wrote in message
om...
Ted Landry wrote:

"Shane Nokes" wrote:

Actually Jim didn't state that, but that's ok because Mac users can't
actually read

Perhaps if you did your research you would find out what he actually
said
and how that was only part of a sentence pulled out of context

Trust me I know Jim personally and that's not his view.

Yes, Jim did state that, the "direct quote" from the transcript is:

"I would buy a Mac today if I was not working at Microsoft."

the full transcript is he

"Top Microsoft executives Brian Valentine and Jim Allchin in January of
2000 issue the following order to employees to delete all E-mail from
their computers after 30 days."

This could well explain much of why Microsoft is such a shambles
organisationally, and which is reflected in their products.

--

Immunity is better than innoculation.

Peter

I guess we can add to the list of things that MAC users cannot understand:
anyone being facetious.

Allchin was joking, but I guess it is lost on you...you so desperately want
to validate your insecure belief that MAC is better...

Honu

Old February 12th 07, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Diamontina Cocktail

Rubbish. There are only the pedants who insist that there are rules. Usenet
is an anarchy. If you don't like it, you are welcome to go to any pedant
newsgroup excepting the ones where they are pedantic that you SHOULD top
post.

Besides, being labelled a "bottom poster" is a little off, don't you think?
A butt poster?

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
"Richard Urban" wrote:

I top post. You don't like it - don't read it.

and you are posting incorrectly on Usenet. everyone is laughing at you
for top posting, but you just don't know it... the classic illustration
of what you are doing wrong is he can you figure it out?

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Old February 12th 07, 11:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Ted

Go to this website.. then scroll down to the two part Mac vs PC discussion..
you may learn something..

http://www.podtech.net/scobleshow/

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
Conor wrote:

Macs are glorified Fisher-Price activity centers for adults;
computers
for
scaredy cats too nervous to learn how proper computers work;
computers
for
people who earnestly believe in feng shui.

In actually, it's the tool heavy computer users use.

BWAHAHAHA

Windows PCs can't run complex software like this...

http://www.apple.com/shake/

I wonder why?

Old February 12th 07, 11:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Peter Hayes

Ted Landry wrote:

"Top Microsoft executives Brian Valentine and Jim Allchin in January of
2000 issue the following order to employees to delete all E-mail from
their computers after 30 days."

This could well explain much of why Microsoft is such a shambles
organisationally, and which is reflected in their products.

--

Immunity is better than innoculation.

Peter

I guess we can add to the list of things that MAC users cannot understand:
anyone being facetious.

Allchin was joking, but I guess it is lost on you...you so desperately want
to validate your insecure belief that MAC is better...

My quote from the Groklaw document has nothing to do with Allchin's
comment.

No organisation can operate at full efficiency if all e-mails are to be
deleted in 30 days. Gates' minion is mandated to delete his weekly.

What happens in Microsoft? Do people run around with notes on scraps of
paper, ready to feed them into the nearest shredder at the earliest
opportunity? That's no way to run the world's largest software
corporation and it inevitably percolates through to their products.

Oh, and for the record, I disassociate myself totally from the comments
of the troll Ted Landry in all his guises.

--

Immunity is better than innoculation.

Peter
Old February 12th 07, 11:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Peter Hayes

Hertz_Donut wrote:

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

MACS are for elitist brain-dead snobs that can't figure out that they are
using a platform with barely no support from anyone but Apple.

If everyone used a MAC, we'd still be stuck in 1979.

This of course cuts both ways.

Why did it take Microsoft SEVEN years to release a 32-bit OS after Intel
created the 80386?

Because it suited Microsoft Marketing.

--

Immunity is better than innoculation.

Peter
Old February 12th 07, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Jonathan Schwartz 2

Hello Ted & Mayor of R'lyeh,

Questions:
1) Why are the many Mac users Posting within these Forums as you repeatedly
Post the equal or very similar Post entirely bankrupt of morals and
specifically bankrupt for IT knowledge?
2) Appears too obvious the Mac users are seeking a genuine education
regarding Windows Vista by Posting such insane lame Post.
3) Apparently, since Windows Vista is the most IT advanced, and secure OS
within our world, the lonely Mac users demonstrate their jealously secondary
to the IT fact that the Mac inferior architecture is near 20-years behind
technology; remains absent online security, while remaining an elementary PnP
OS.
4) If it is true that a Mac will run any and all applications, that alone is
a self-testimony the Mac is the most in-secure OS within the market place.
The older applications are nothing other than hacker-happy applications
obviously making the Mac one absolutely in-secure OS!
5) Do you not comprehend that IT technology is advancing; not reverting to
ancient times?
6) Question, why is Windows Vista currently being purchased by large
corporations as well as individual end users in record setting numbers?
7) Yes, from coincidence, accidently, while 8-year old Vista was preparing
for RTM Release (during the Christmas Season) Mac experienced a sales surge.
Today, that has concluded, for obvious reasons, our world desires the most
state-of-the -art OS known as Windows Vista.
8) There is a reason the military, nuclear submarines, NASA, and too many
others are using Windows Vista; not using the technology inferior Mac.
9) If you were not fully aware for the superiority within Windows Vista
(compared to Mac), your presence within these Forums would not exist, other
than attempting learning the many benefits of Windows Vista user friendly
functionalities; and not spreading myth and rumor for self-promotion.
10) For your personal needs, simply, Windows Vista merely is to technology
advanced for your academic level.

Question: How many times does it require a Mac user for re-reading the same
Post before comprehending the Post content?

Will you make your response Post on Top; please do not remain a *bottom
feeder* making your responses on the Bottom;, strongly reflecting your need
to bottom feed sucking air just as Apple and Mac demonstrate while never
cognizant that technology is advancing forward as Vista; not retreating
backwards as Mac, and a few others as the facade “rival group”.

Ted, Please continue your Posting while learning the many benefits from
using Windows Vista while repeatedly demonstrating your incredible deficient
IT knowledge. One day you will know fact from fiction; better yet, just
purchase Retail Vista as so many others have done, stop using that free Beta
software.

--
Windows Vista
Become Part of The Legacy!

Old February 12th 07, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
ChrisM

In message ,
Ted Landry Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

A classic clip showing what Vista users must deal with...

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a
happier place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.

Jezus!!

Do you guys ever read your own posts on topics like this?
It's like reading messages by a bunch of kids!
My OS/Platform is better than yours! My dad is bigger than your dad...!

Basically MAC and PC are two very different platforms. They each have their
own strengths and weaknesses. No-one can deny that PC(in this case, I mean
Microsoft) has a much larger share, but that doesn't mean it is the better
platform for all applications. MAC is probably better at certain things,
especially very high powered graphical stuff, but that doesn't mean it is
the best choice for everything.
For goodness sake, just use the platform you want to, and accept the fact
that someone from the opposing 'camp' is unlikely to share your opinions!

--
Regards,
Chris.

Old February 12th 07, 02:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ron Miller

Julie Smith wrote:
I agree with Ron... Thats why I use QT Alternative. Same thing goes for
RealTime. (I didn't want to be biased like some mac users)

"Ted Landry" wrote in message
Ron Miller wrote:

http://snipurl.com/19r0y

If they would just wisen up and get a Mac, the world would be a happier
place!

http://www.apple.com/hardware/
http://www.apple.com/software/

At this point, it's clear Microsoft will never catch up with OSX.
Well, might be funny, might not, but I don't know, because like the
ultimate troll you are, you posted a link to a QuickTime file. You
should know that none of us allow that bloatware on our computers

Ron, you ARE behind. QuickTime on Windows works fine if you have a
modern machine. You must still be running a Tandy box, is that true?

Trust me, download QuickTime and join the modern world. You can learn
why it's the main platform for all types of media worldwide... he

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/whyqt/

Download it he (use any email address/does not need to be valid)

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

If you aren't quite ready to become apart of the modern world you can
always uninstall it after you watch the funny clip.

Like Julie said, QT is bloatware. We know it works. We simply know
that there are much better ways to get the job done that the Apple way.
Old February 12th 07, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup,microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Eric

"Jonathan Schwartz 2" wrote in
message ...
Hello Ted & Mayor of R'lyeh,

Questions:
1) Why are the many Mac users Posting within these Forums as you
repeatedly
Post the equal or very similar Post entirely bankrupt of morals and
specifically bankrupt for IT knowledge?

I'd guess they're posting as part of a "grass roots" campaign to get MS
users to consider Macs.

2) Appears too obvious the Mac users are seeking a genuine education
regarding Windows Vista by Posting such insane lame Post.

We're all seeking an education on Vista. MS has released very few details
on why Vista is any better than XP aside from the Windows Key + Tab Key
special display feature to see open applications displayed in a row.

3) Apparently, since Windows Vista is the most IT advanced, and secure OS
within our world, the lonely Mac users demonstrate their jealously
secondary
to the IT fact that the Mac inferior architecture is near 20-years behind
technology; remains absent online security, while remaining an elementary
PnP
OS.
4) If it is true that a Mac will run any and all applications, that alone
is
a self-testimony the Mac is the most in-secure OS within the market place.
The older applications are nothing other than hacker-happy applications
obviously making the Mac one absolutely in-secure OS!

That is the only real benefit I've heard of Vista, that is the vague idea
that it is supposed to be "more secure" than XP. I know very little however
regarding Macs so I don't know what they've done lately regarding security.
I have heard that Macs supposedly can run any software now that IBM PCs can
run, though the benefit initially from Macs was supposed to be that it can't
run any software and software was supposed to be harder to write for a Mac
to make it more secure and stable..

5) Do you not comprehend that IT technology is advancing; not reverting to
ancient times?

Hardware is certainly advancing, but as far as Vista is concerned, what is
so advanced, other than the idea that it is supposed to be more secure? I
haven't heard details on the security, and I don't consider the appearance
changes to be more advanced. I was not impressed with XP's green bubble
Start either and I currently run XP in Classic mode.

6) Question, why is Windows Vista currently being purchased by large
corporations as well as individual end users in record setting numbers?

Because corporations are already committed to using IBM PCs and MS server
software, and waited for the release of Vista to buy a batch of new PCs
which are all packaged with the OS.

7) Yes, from coincidence, accidently, while 8-year old Vista was preparing
for RTM Release (during the Christmas Season) Mac experienced a sales
surge.
Today, that has concluded, for obvious reasons, our world desires the most
state-of-the -art OS known as Windows Vista.

Calling Vista "state-of-the-art" right now is like calling WinME a massive
technological improvement to Win98.

8) There is a reason the military, nuclear submarines, NASA, and too many
others are using Windows Vista; not using the technology inferior Mac.
9) If you were not fully aware for the superiority within Windows Vista
(compared to Mac), your presence within these Forums would not exist,
other
than attempting learning the many benefits of Windows Vista user friendly
functionalities; and not spreading myth and rumor for self-promotion.

We all want to learn of the "many benefits" of Vista. What I've read of
them so far, half seem like drawbacks. For instance, I don't want the Run
option from the Start menu buried under Accessories, System Tools.. maybe
you should attempting learning some English.

10) For your personal needs, simply, Windows Vista merely is to technology
advanced for your academic level.

Vista is a resource hog, and Mac may be better for a lot of people depending
on their specific needs. I've never owned or worked on a computer that was
not IBM-compatible, or an OS that was not MS, but I'm not particularly
impressed with MS.

Question: How many times does it require a Mac user for re-reading the
same
Post before comprehending the Post content?

Instead of flaming the Mac supporter, maybe you could tell us what is so
great about Vista, and don't say if you get the premium version it includes
the Mahjong game that we could already get separately for years now..

[...]

You don't like bottom posting? Many don't like top posting. Sure with
bottom posting you may have to scroll down past the post to start reading,
but if you're responding to that much stuff you can just snip what doesn't
apply. I prefer inline posting, where there is more than one specific point
to respond to.