Old April 30th 07, 07:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Callesto28

Default Unable to save files on memory stick - keep getting Error 0x800700

You need to put all your files in a sub-folder before you transfer them
to the USB stick. I kept getting the error when I tried to transfer
images from a folder in my desktop. Apparently, the folder of your data
needs to be a sub-folder of the original folder. (A folder in a folder,
the sub-folder is the one with the data in it.)
So, in other words, open the folder with the files you want transfered
and make a 'New' folder in it. Then copy all your stuff into the new
(sub) folder. After that go into Windows Explorer and Move the original
folder to your USB stick.
I don't know *why* you need to do this, probably some kind of computer
glitch-thing-pain-in-the-butt.
I hoped that helped someone!

--
Callesto28