Old April 30th 07, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
JerryM \(ID\)

Default Create a New Partition for Some Unallocated Space - Need Help

Jake, did you click to select the unallocated space?
It may be it was looking at the C: drive.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

"Jake Lee" wrote in message
Thanks , Mike. When I tried with Disk Management, it complained for
insufficient space. Can you advise..?

"Mike Brannigan" wrote:

"Jake Lee" wrote in message
Hi, I installed Windows Vista Home Premium on my Dell Inspiron
successfully
on a partition (C:, 50GB) and I still have another 50GB unallocated
space.
am wondering how I can create a new partition in Vista to use the
allocated
space.

When I tried to use the Installation DVD to create the new partition, I
got
the following message: "Windows Cannot be installed to this hard disk
space.
The selected disk has the maximum number of partitions of this type."

If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks a lot,

Jake

Open Computer Management from the Administrative Tools in Control Panel
and
use the Disk Management item under the Storage node.

--

Mike Brannigan