Virtual PC 2007

Old February 12th 07, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Guest

Default Virtual PC 2007

Can Virtual PC 2007 (RC1), installed on Vista 64 bit, run 32 bit Windows XP?
I may upgrade to Vista 64, however, have a few apps that only run on 32 bit
XP. So, I thought I'd just use VPC 2007 64 bit and install a 32 bit Win XP.
Any thoughts?

Old February 12th 07, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Synapse Syndrome

msnews.microsoft.com wrote in message
Can Virtual PC 2007 (RC1), installed on Vista 64 bit, run 32 bit Windows
XP? I may upgrade to Vista 64, however, have a few apps that only run on
32 bit XP. So, I thought I'd just use VPC 2007 64 bit and install a 32
bit Win XP. Any thoughts?

Yes, you can do that, but not the other way around (install 64-bit Vista on
32-bit host), I think.

I was just curious to what these apps that don't run are. I thought the
main problems would be with drivers, or are these 16-bit apps?

ss.

Old February 12th 07, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Guest

Thanks. Basically the only app that wont run under Vista is a Nortel VPN
Contivity client. Nortel may release a Vista compliant client sometime
later this year.

Old February 12th 07, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
LaRoux

This is a supported configuration for VPC2007. The only potential gotcha
that I can think of is that if you need access to hardware that's not
supported in VPC, specifically, USB connected hardware.

Old February 12th 07, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Guest

Thanks. Any idea if VPC 2007 will eventually support USB? I personally
find it rather ridiculous that it wouldn't support USB... considering pretty
much every competative product supports usb.

Old February 12th 07, 06:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
LaRoux

I haven't heard any indication that this is forthcoming in the near future.
If this is something you want\need, I would recommend VMWare Server.

Old February 12th 07, 06:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Guest

Actually, I have successfully installed and run the Notrel client within a
VPC (XP)... just not under a VPC installed in 2007 on Vista.