Motorola Q

Old February 13th 07, 01:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WadeBart

Default Motorola Q

Anyone having issues with Vista (Business Edition) recognizing the Motorola Q?
Old February 13th 07, 08:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rock

"WadeBart" wrote

Anyone having issues with Vista (Business Edition) recognizing the
Motorola Q?

Are you using the latest WMDC?
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Old February 14th 07, 05:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WadeBart

I am, however, Vista is not recognizing it being plugged in when I have it
connected with the USB cable.

"WadeBart" wrote

Old February 14th 07, 06:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rock

"WadeBart" wrote

I am, however, Vista is not recognizing it being plugged in when I have it
connected with the USB cable.

"Rock" wrote:

"WadeBart" wrote

Anyone having issues with Vista (Business Edition) recognizing the
Motorola Q?

Are you using the latest WMDC?

Ok sorry can't help with that. Maybe someone else who has had experience
with this model can jump in.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Old February 14th 07, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard G. Harper

Try this:

Unplug your device
Uninstall WDMC
Reboot
Reinstall WDMC
Reboot
While the device is still disconnected, remove all partnerships from it
Reconnect the device after the final reboot - NOT BEFORE!

This usually resolves issues where the device is not recognized when
plugging in.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...

"WadeBart" wrote in message
I am, however, Vista is not recognizing it being plugged in when I have it
connected with the USB cable.

"WadeBart" wrote

Old February 14th 07, 04:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WadeBart

Okay I just tried that and when I plug the Q in, Vista says its found a
Microsoft Remote Device Adapter (or something of the sort) and successfully
installs the driver and that's it. WMDC never sees, the Q and when I go to
setup new Sync Partnerships, the only option I have is for offline files.
Also, I did a software update on the Q from Verizon that came out 01.05.2007.
I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. I've looked in device
manager to see if I can find an unrecognized piece of hardware in there, and
nothing. I can't even find the Q in Device manager either.
BIZARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRE.

"WadeBart" wrote in message
I am, however, Vista is not recognizing it being plugged in when I have it
connected with the USB cable.

"WadeBart" wrote