HP Scanjet 5400c problems

Old December 24th 09, 12:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_6_]

Default HP Scanjet 5400c problems

Have you tried both installing the printers XP driver in running it in XP
compatibility mode?

"DL" wrote in message
I dont believe HP has released a Vista driver for this printer.
You could try this program, the trial, and see if it works, before you buy
http://www.hamrick.com/

"scorpions" wrote in message

I tried the suggestions given here, but it still won't work! First,
while installing the software, I get an error message that on DLL can
not be registered. I choose the option Ignore and the installation
finishes in a normal way. When starting the program, it starts normally,
but gives me the following error message: Sorry, scanner could not be
initialized /scanner not found/

I think the main problem is, that the PC can not recognize/install the
scanner. When I connect the USB, the PC detects a new hardware, tries to
install, searches for drivers in the net, also I have tried pointing to
the folder with the HP program - but in the end the new hardware can not
be installed.

So... what to do, how can I make it run? Thanks!

--
scorpions

Old December 24th 09, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DL[_3_]

Why would I want to do that, scince its not my PC/problem
Anyway other posts regarding this device say that doesnt work either

Old January 17th 10, 09:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
colinsjones

I tried Vuescan but it doesn't work for the 5400c.

What can we do?

Is it worth sending emails to Hammick asking them to extend their
coverage to include 5400c or maybe email HP to get them to support their
hardware.

I should buy another scanner and give up on this crusade, it won't be
HP that's for sure.

--
colinsjones

Old January 23rd 10, 06:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
colinsjones

sj668du.exe is the german version of sj668en.exe which fails to register
on x64 Vista.

We're still screwed.

--
colinsjones

Old January 23rd 10, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_6_]

According to the following link HP never released a Vista driver for the
Scanjet 5400C:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...=228&lang=e n