TV-out on fujitsu-siemens Scaleo E not working

« - | - »

Old February 13th 07, 08:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rasmus Hansen

Default TV-out on fujitsu-siemens Scaleo E not working

I have a problem when connecting my television to my Scaleo E mediacenter
computer.
When i installed vista all was fine, until drivers was installed for my
Geforce graphics card. When the driver was installed the picture disappeared
from my TV and my computer stopped responding. After a while it rebooted, but
still no picture on the television. I then attached a LCD screen and rebooted
and i was able to finish the installation.
My problem is that when ever i attach the TV and reboot, i have no picture.
If i uninstall the drivers and just use a standard VGA driver all is well,
but as soon as i install the standard Vista Geforce driver my computer hangs.
This means that if i don't install drivers ,my TV-out works, but i have no
hardware acceleration.
The computer has run fine with windows XP, so no hardware issues should be
present.
Anynody else had this problem?
Old February 13th 07, 09:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rasmus Hansen

I have now tried to install the 96.85 drivers. But that didn't solve the
problem. It is still the same. The only change is that now the computer does
not crash. I just don't have any picture on my television.
The Nvidia controlpanel detects my TV just fine. But in the advanced display
settings the TV has a refresh rate of 25 Hz Interlaced. That doesn't seem
right.

Any ideas?

"JW" wrote:

If you installed drivers newer then the 96.85 drivers go back to them they
are essentialy the drivers that are on the VISTA DVD and the newer ones have
problems.

Old February 14th 07, 02:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

The s_video standard is for 4:3 aspect ration video at 480i for NtSC and
576i for Pal and if your desktop is set for higher then 880x600(1024x768 for
some graphics cards) you will get not output at all.