Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X

Old February 14th 07, 09:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mike Bernstein

Default Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X

Has anyone managed to install Vista on an Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X motherboard
based PC? If so, was it an upgrade from XP or a clean install? I have made
several attempts to upgrade XP Pro to Vista Business without success. I have
had many BODs and once past those, and on the final setup screen, Vista has
told me on two occasions that it cannot configure a system component
(without saying which) and rolls everything back to XP.

Mike Bernstein

Old February 14th 07, 10:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

I know it probably doesn't help much. But I've done clean installs on both
the A8N and the K8N Ultra. Only blue screen I got was applying the audio
drivers for the A8N, but I had a slightly older set and the newer set worked
fine

Old February 15th 07, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dustin Harper

64Bit works great with the AN9 Fatal1ty here. Clean install of Ultimate.

--
Dustin Harper

http://www.vistarip.com

Old February 15th 07, 09:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Mike Bernstein

In my case it is 32Bit but it looks like it might have to be a clean
install.

Mike Bernstein