How to TURN OFF keyboard repeat rate limitation

Old February 15th 07, 02:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vincent

Default How to TURN OFF keyboard repeat rate limitation

Hi, in Windows Vista I can see where you can set the repeat rate for when
holding down a key. But I don't want any limitation on how much the repeat
rate is. I want continuous repeat of any key when pressed. I cannot see where
this can be done within Vista. Please help.
Old February 15th 07, 08:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

If windows doesn't set the limit the BIOS will. The low level functions say
30 ps to 2 ps. This is presumbably what the little computer that does the
keyboard is prepared to accept. If you want to be sure research what the
keyboard controller can accept.

Old February 15th 07, 08:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

See the hardware specs
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...keyboard&meta=

Old February 15th 07, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vincent

Hi, I figured out that the problem is with the wireless keyboard I have. I am
using the Microsoft Wireless Desktop 700. I plugged in an old PS2 keyboard
and it works fine now.

With the wireless keyboard I have, for example I can only hold down the "a"
button and it will repeat itself about 10 times before I have to let it go
and press it again. It is the same thing with all keys including backspace
etc. On the Microsoft website it says that the Wireless Desktop 700 which I
have is quote "Microsoft Windows Vista ready".

Is anyone else having problems with any other wireless USB keyboards? Note
that I did not have this issue with Windows XP Pro.

Many thanks.

Old February 16th 07, 02:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Guest

The wireless signal drops out. To play driving games I have to put receiver
next to keyboard else I keep releasing the wheel at 200 km/h in the middle
of corners. I dumped my two MS mouses - a lazer wireless and optical
wireless and bought a logitech mouse - range is two to three times MS. The
official Logitech range is 8 inches (200 mm) but it works across the room.
MS mice (I find their keyboards a little better than their mice) has trouble
with 8 inches and the receiver is directional. Plus MS says don't use them
with lots of RF - but computers generate lots of RF - so not suited for use
with computers.

Old February 16th 07, 09:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Vincent

Thanks alot. Finally solved the problem. You are totally correct when saying
that the receiver is dropping out. Seems like that I cannot place the
receiver directly in front of the keyboard. I have to place it at an angle. I
have the receiver sitting on top of my monitor and it works perfect now.

Thanks alot for your help!!!