HELP!

Old February 15th 07, 01:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
[email protected]

Default HELP!

Hi Guys,
Just got a new laptop with Vista on it.
I have a problem with the Internet explorer v7
I understand that this cannot be removed but i was wondering if anyone
has had this problem!

I am able to connect to certain sites like google or Dell.com or
microsoft etc. however when i try to connect to certain other websites
like amazon and play.com etc. my browser seams to run but crash / run
very slow / not respond!
I have a 10mb broadband connection at home and my other laptop & pc
(both Xp home) work perfectly fine with the net.
I only seem to have a problem with this new laptop!
I have contacted Dell (where i bought it from) and they say it's not a
hardware problem therefore unable to help!
I have contacted my ISP and they cannot help
I am really getting frustrated now as i like Vista but there is no
point in me having this new laptop if i cannot use the internet
properly
The last thing i want to do is cancel my package.

Please can anyone advise any info which may be able to help???

Please e-mail me at if you are able to help
me!

Thanks

Kris

Old February 15th 07, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jane C

Are you using a router? If so, a firmware update may be required. In the
meantime, you might try this:

- Click start
- Type: cmd
- Right-click cmd.exe when it appears under Applications
- Click Run As Administrator
- Type the following: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Press enter
- Restart your computer

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
ups.com...

Old February 15th 07, 03:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
[email protected]

Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation wrote in message

[...]

Kris- Hide quoted text -

Hi Jane,

Yes i am using a router.
I think the brand is Peak.

How would i aquire this firmware upgrade?

Also what does the code thing you gave me actualy do???

Thanks

Kris

Old February 16th 07, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris

Default HELP!/ This is a question for the Vista general group.

Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.

CH