Adobe 8.0 and the temp file

Old February 15th 07, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Leximou

Default Adobe 8.0 and the temp file

I too am getting that cotton picking "accessing the temp" error message. In
checking, I find that the Temp folder is designated "read Only" in both my
desktop and the administrators desktop. In trying to remove the "read only"
attribute, it appears to work but when I close the folder, it reverts to
read only. Am sick of this "Helping me to death" helpfulness. How do I REMOVE
the read only attribute from this folder?
Old February 15th 07, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dale M. White

Are you talking about installing Adoboe 8 ? If so, seeting the install file
to XP2 compatibility mode fixes it.

Outside of that, you probably need to go to that folder and take ownership
of it from the security tab. I love everyone, so I set everyone to full
control over such folders. Though Obvious, setting that folder the way they
did I believe is part of their security feature, which keeps programs from
just install themselves.

Old February 15th 07, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Adam Albright

On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 13:21:00 -0500, "AJR" wrote:

You Cannot!

"Leximou" wrote in message
I too am getting that cotton picking "accessing the temp" error message. In
checking, I find that the Temp folder is designated "read Only" in both my
desktop and the administrators desktop. In trying to remove the "read
only"
attribute, it appears to work but when I close the folder, it reverts to
read only. Am sick of this "Helping me to death" helpfulness. How do I
REMOVE
the read only attribute from this folder?

Sure you can. Disable UAC in Control Panel. If afterwards it still
doesn't work go to Explorer, right click on the offending folder or
file, under properties, general tab you should see the "read only"
attribute option colored in. If you click on it that should clear it,
but keep your fingers crossed just in case. wink

memo to Microsoft:

A OS is suppose to help the user get his work done, not get in his
way.

Old February 15th 07, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

I tried on a UAC disabled system and everytime I go back and look it's back
to read-only. I also took ownership and gave everyone full control of the
folder, but whenever I look at the properties it says read-only on the
folder.

Vista is determined to protect you from you, like it or not.

Old February 15th 07, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Rock

"Leximou" wrote

http://blogs.vertigosoftware.com/aan...sta_RTM.as px

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Old February 15th 07, 08:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dale \Mad_Murdock\ White

Wow can't believe someone spent 2 hours trying to install that ! I would
have thought running in XP2 compat mode would have been the first thing to
try after it failed, it was for me.

Old February 16th 07, 03:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Chad Harris

Default Adobe 8.0 and the temp file/Not setup question--post in general

Why not post this in the Vista general group? It's not a setup question.

CH

Old February 16th 07, 03:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Dale M. White

I think it's a interpetation of what Install_setup means. Is it limited just
to the OS or to applications installed on the OS ? Plus this is setting up
the temp folder to not be read only.