sigmatel 9758 support needed to make audio work under Vista

Old February 16th 07, 12:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sigmatel driver needed

Default sigmatel 9758 support needed to make audio work under Vista

getting the run around trying to get Vista driver support. Tried Signatel,
they said try laptop manufacture, they said try signatel, looked all over
web, and this MS site. The laptop is a Gateway 675xl-prr with the signatel
9758 codec. When I ran advisor it indicated it would load fine and work.
Tried the old drivers several times and other xp versions and every
suggestion on web sites. Laptop is only 2 years old, and I plunked down 250
for an upgrade and now I have great looking system with no sound....been
struggling for weeks now, does anyone know if a driver is coming out any time
soon? or suggestions? Thanks
Old February 16th 07, 02:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
smholt

I'm having the same trouble with my Sony Vaio laptop. It came with Vista
Home on it and after I upgraded to Ultimate the sound stopped working. It
says no audio device installed but the SigmaTel Hi Def Audio is "device
working properly" in the device manager.

Sony support said today that they only recommend the Home edition and that
is the only drivers they can provide.

Wished I knew this before I paid and upgraded to Ultimate.

Old February 16th 07, 01:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Price

I have this problem on my Dell. To fix it I went into device manager and
told it install the generic MS HD sound driver. This may be enough to make
it work.

On my machine I had to go one step further as the MS driver did not let the
headphones jack on my laptop or dock work properly. I downloaded the Vista
drivers from the Dell website and then did an install of them. The sound now
works properly.

Old February 16th 07, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Michael Price

Get the drivers for the card from Sony and unzip them. Then using Device
Manager manually point the driver update to the unzipped files this should
work.

If it doesn't then first uninstall the card and make sure to check the box
to tell it to actually remove the drivers from your machine. Then try the
above.

Something else that may work would be to do step one and then see if Windows
update finds a driver for you.

Old February 16th 07, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sigmatel driver needed

"sigmatel driver needed" wrote:

update MS recommended the following and it worked great, used same old
driver in xp compatability mode instead and it works great...all features and
functions better than before!

If the driver of sound card for Vista is not release, we can try install the
driver(for XP) run the program in compatibility mode.

Step 1.Install driver the compatibility mode.

a. Right click the shortcut or the execution file, click Properties.
b. Go to the Compatibility tab.
c. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
d. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
e. Check "Run this program as an administrator"
f. Click OK.

Bet this works in many other similar audio issues folks are having spread
the word!...

thanks MS pro William Zhao

Old February 27th 07, 07:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
tinman41

"sigmatel driver needed" wrote:

"sigmatel driver needed" wrote:

update MS recommended the following and it worked great, used same old
driver in xp compatability mode instead and it works great...all features and
functions better than before!

If the driver of sound card for Vista is not release, we can try install the
driver(for XP) run the program in compatibility mode.

Step 1.Install driver the compatibility mode.

a. Right click the shortcut or the execution file, click Properties.
b. Go to the Compatibility tab.
c. Check "Run this program in compatibility mode for"
d. Choose Windows XP (Service Pack 2).
e. Check "Run this program as an administrator"
f. Click OK.

Bet this works in many other similar audio issues folks are having spread
the word!...

thanks MS pro William Zhao
itried this and it worked for me ,,,thank you very much,,,it has been a hassel not having sound in etc,,,,