Hard Disk Controller

Old February 15th 07, 10:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
TerryS

Default Hard Disk Controller

The installation of Vista get stopped during the compatability check and I
get the message that I need to get updated driver software for these
devices: IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers - Standard IDE/ESDI Hard Disk
Controller.

I found the drivers installed and put them where I could point the program
at them to no avail. I've tried to find updated drivers but could not find
anything. My MOB is a Supermicro but that site does not seem to have them
or I don't recognize them when I see them.

I'm running XP-Pro +SP2 on a Pentium 4 with a Gig of RAM.

I have 2 Maxtor Hard Drives on the system.

Would appreciate any direction towards solving this problem. I've searched
the Vista newsgroups and have found nothing that would help.
TerryS

Old February 15th 07, 11:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
BobS

You're looking for Chipset drivers. You didn't include a mb model so I
couldn't find them. You may have to extract them from the driver download.
Not knowing anything about your mb I can only guess and your chipset number
but maybe an "Intel 915G" chipset number is what you're looking for. Plug
in the mb model and it will tell you.

Bob S.

Old February 15th 07, 11:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
TerryS

Sorry, I meant to include the mb model. It's p4SGA+. I think I've found
what I need on the Supermicro site. I get the 845GE chipset. I've dl'ed
the indicated update and will try it.

Thanks for your help Bob. I really didn't have a clue about what I needed.
Maybe I can now get rid of some of this frustration and get on with
installing Vista.
TerryS