How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima

Old February 16th 07, 12:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Aromes

Default How to later upgrade from Vista Home Basic Edition to Vista Ultima

I've just bought a laptop from DELL and it came with Vista Home Basic
Edition (which I find worthless since it does not make that much difference
with the Windows XP/Media Center I bought couple of years ago). Anyway, I am
gathering money in order to buy the MS Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
What's the best way to do that:
-Should I simply buy the Ultimate Edition and install it over the Basic Home
Edition?
or, as I've heard, should I simply purchase the serial key of the Ultimate
Edition from Microsoft, and that will unlock the Home Basic version?
Thanks
Old February 16th 07, 01:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Conor

In article , Aromes
says...
I've just bought a laptop from DELL and it came with Vista Home Basic
Edition (which I find worthless since it does not make that much difference
with the Windows XP/Media Center I bought couple of years ago). Anyway, I am
gathering money in order to buy the MS Windows Vista Ultimate Edition.
What's the best way to do that:
-Should I simply buy the Ultimate Edition and install it over the Basic Home
Edition?
or, as I've heard, should I simply purchase the serial key of the Ultimate
Edition from Microsoft, and that will unlock the Home Basic version?
Thanks

Buy an OEM version from an e-tailer and do a clean install using that.

--
Conor

until you hear them speak.........