Vista Banter

-   -   CD/DVD Drive disappearing from drive list (http://www.vistabanter.com/23792-cd-dvd-drive-disappearing-drive-list.html)

John Monahan February 18th 07 01:32 AM

CD/DVD Drive disappearing from drive list

I have a weird and frustating problem with both my DVD drives disappearing
from the drive list with Vista. Sometimes both DVD drives are on the Windows
Explorer list. Other times times they are both absent. It's not a problem
withWindows Explorer since they are absent using say PowerDisk Pro6 as well.
It seems to be random. If I do a complete reboot they are usually there next
time. I am using a ASUS PW DH Delux motherboard and LG 18x Super multi DVD
Rewriter (GSA-H22L) drives.

Anybody else seen phantom drives with Vista?

bboykrill May 13th 07 03:25 PM

CD/DVD Drive disappearing from drive list

yeh I got that to, and also if put a disk in the name of that disk stays
displayed as if it were in the drive even when removed its very annoying

--
bboykrill