Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorrectly

Old February 18th 07, 10:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alistair Doran [1009382]

Default Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorrectly

Both on 64bit Vista and 32bit Vista PC's the HT OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One
native drives are working incorrectly when I print in duplex (which is
usually all the time!). Instead of the printer printing in book format it
keeps printing in "flip up format" on matter setting I pick.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to solve apart from doing
manual duplex printing?

Alistair

Old February 18th 07, 01:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SteveW

Hi,

I too am very frustrated I sent an e-mail to HP which they didn't read
properly they were no help at all. I can't get duplexing to work at all, how
did you manage it and what does flip up format produce?

Steve

Old February 18th 07, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Alistair Doran [1009382]

If you right click and click "run as admin" and then select properties and
go to device settings, you will "installable options" and the 1st is the
duplex unit. It's also worth watching the follow news group as there seems
to be some talk about new driver being released very soon.
Microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

Old March 29th 07, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jerry

Default Duplex printing for the HP 7310 native drivers working incorre

HP has released a full driver/software update for Vista. Also to get the
duplex to work, be sure to go to printers, properties, device settings, and
enable the duplexer.
Best regards
--
Jerry

Old May 12th 07, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
culvertd

"Alistair Doran [1009382]" wrote:

Both on 64bit Vista and 32bit Vista PC's the HT OfficeJet 7310 All-In-One
native drives are working incorrectly when I print in duplex (which is
usually all the time!). Instead of the printer printing in book format it
keeps printing in "flip up format" on matter setting I pick.

Has anyone else had this problem and managed to solve apart from doing
manual duplex printing?

Yes, there is a solution! Download the drivers for the HP Deskjet 6500
series. It will print correctly.

Alistair

Old May 12th 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Troy1

By adding and using HP6500 Officejet drivers instead of the 7300 it seemed to
work. We connected the printer directly to the computer using a USB cable
and noting it in the properties menu. We don't know if there are any
features we may have lost in doing this however, the correct duplex format is
more important to us right now. Incidently, this was the direction HP told
us to go from their on-line tech support.

Old August 13th 07, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TheSkeptic

I have a HP 7310 which ran fine on Win XP. I upgraded to VISTA Premium
and the duplex printing worked, but not properly. It prints in "FLIP"
mode only and will not print in the "book" mode unless I set the
printer to "Manual" duplex mode. I've had numerous conversations with
HP and Microsoft support personnel and both claim the problem is not
theirs. HP maintains that the problem is with Microsoft as HP printers
that support "Automatic Duplex" printing work fine with WIN XP. About
two months ago I spoke with a "Level Two" tech at HP and this person
finally admitted that they were working on a driver fix, but had
ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA when the fix would be available.

I am told that Canon 850 printers with "DUPLEX" printing "built in"
work fine, but have not as yet seen it work on an 850. Canon support
personnel maintain that they have no duplex print problems.

I've been waiting for a driver fix for over four months and if there is
no fix by the end of August, I'm going to ask HP to refund my purchase
price and I'll buy a CANON 850 printer.
Edit/Delete Message

--
TheSkeptic
TheSkeptic's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=29287

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 5th 09, 08:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Usernamenottaken

To recap:
* HP 7310 has the same problem: The second page of a duplexed print is
upside down.
* HP does not supply a driver to fix this problem.

When I called technical support, they refused to help because the
warranty has expired.

The policy of REFUSING to supply a driver update for a SERIOUS, KNOWN
bug, and also REFUSING to supply technical support regarding that bug is
*unacceptable.* This printer was sold on the basis of its ability to
duplex, and it cannot. I will NEVER buy another HP printer.

--
Usernamenottaken
Usernamenottaken's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/usernamenottaken.htm

http://forums.techarena.in