Ati radeon 1600 problems

Old February 18th 07, 06:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shayne

Default Ati radeon 1600 problems

I have an radeon 1600 hdmi connected to a panasonic lcd hd tv 32"

Running Vista home premium 64bit on core 2 duo with 2gb ram

viewing movies, media center and picures, all is well, but when i am on
the desktop, the words and lines are very fuzzy and difficult to read!

I have contacted ati and got the runaround re installing the catalyst
sofware etc.

Is this a Vista issue, how can i resove it?

Old February 18th 07, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Is your PC desktop set to the Native Resolution of your TV?
Is your TV overscanning(Zooming in) the inputs it gets over HDMI? If yes
then I suggest that you switch to the units VGA interface if you want to use
it also as PC monitor. You may be able to have both connections at the same
time in clone mode and use a souce selection button on your TV remote to
switch between them.

Old February 19th 07, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sabo, Eric

I am having the same problem but with the X1300 video adapter. I cannot get
my TV to display or be recognized by Vista.

Old February 24th 07, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Shayne

Yes my pc desktop is set to the native resolution, the tv is not zooming in,
When using windows media, it works just fine, when i' am using the regular
desktop that the problem occurs.

Old February 25th 07, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

I don't understantdyou say when using Windows Media Server is works just
fine but that your PC desktop applications don't work fine. But then you
say that your PC deskotop applications don't look fine since they apparently
are overscanned. Your TV does not know what your PC is doing so as long as
the resolution you are sending it stays unchangd it is not going to change
from overscaning to not ovescanning .
I suspect that since all DVDs and Nework broadcasts expect that their
display if going to be overscand that they are you don't notice it since the
DVDs and broadcasts make sure that there is not meaningful content near the
edges of the video.

Old February 25th 07, 07:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sabo, Eric

I finally got my issue to resolve.

After about 7 hours on the phone with Dell and then I finally called AMD/ATI
to see if there was any problems with my Radeon 1300 adapter, the tech
support pointed out that I need a DVI-VGA adapter. Then I called Dell back
and they shipped me the part next day air.

Everything is working just fine for me now.

Thanks for all the information and postings.