ATI Radeon X1300 problems

Old February 19th 07, 01:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sabo, Eric

Default ATI Radeon X1300 problems

I am trying to connect two displays to my computer using the ATI Radeon X1300
Video Adapter, I went to ATI and downloaded the latest drivers for vista
32-bit OS. One monitor is using the standard connection VGA and I am trying
to connect my TV to the S-Video. The problem is that Vista does not detect
my TV display. I get the BIOS screen on my TV but when Vista goes to load
it switches back to the monitor. I want to be able to display on both
displays.
Old February 19th 07, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

If you are trying to run in "clone" mode then your desktop resolution
probably has to be 800x600 or less since the X-video output from you PC
probably does not support scan converting a higher resoluton to the 480i
s-video standard.

Old February 19th 07, 12:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sabo, Eric

JW,

Are you saying from I took a step down from windows XP? Under Windows XP
it worked just fine with higher resolution. If I would have know Vista has
this limitation I would have never went to it. Are you sure about the
800x600?

Old February 19th 07, 02:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Some S-video scan converter chips will support a dektop resolution of
1024x768 when converting the image of the desktop to 480i. It is the ATI
Vista drivers for your X1300 card that control this not Vista itself

Old February 19th 07, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sabo, Eric

JW,

I went through ATI support already and dell, still there are blaming vista
for this not working. Thanks for the information. Hopefully, I will get
someone to resolve this issue for me.

Old February 19th 07, 04:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

What resolution is your PC desktop set to?
You get the BIOS screen because it is output at 480i by default by your ATI
card. I have trouble understanding how ATI can say that a device that is
only connected to their graphics card which are controlled by their drivers
can not see a device because of Vista which can only communicate with the
S-Video port via the ATI card drivers or via the system BIOS.
Another possibility is that your need a newer BIOS for your MOBO so I
suggest that you check to be sure you have the latest.

Old February 20th 07, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Sabo, Eric

JW,

My PC desktop monitor (viewsonic) is set to 1024x768.

Are you saying I need a newer BIOS on the video card?

I check Dell website and I have their latest system BIOS - Plus I have been
on Phone support with Dell the past two nights trying to resolve this issue.

Are you saying that I have the wrong equipment or it is a problem with ATI?

Old February 20th 07, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

No I was referring to your System BIOS which you say is upto date.
Are these the ATI drivers you are curretly using?
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/v...n-vista32.html

You could also try setting your desktop at 800x600 just to see if it works
in Vista and if it does then at least you will know that it appears to be an
ATI driver problem and not a Vista problem.

Old February 24th 07, 05:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jo

Did you try using the canned ATI drivers included with Vista. The stuff from
ATI's site seem buggy. I have not tried connecting anything to the SVIDEO on
this card but it may be worth a try