Is this news group selective

Old February 19th 07, 03:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carl G

Default Is this news group selective

Hi all
I am begenning to think these newsgroups are selective on whose post gets
posted.
I have posted at least 6 messages now that never show up on these groups.
There are copys in my sent items folder,but never get posted.
Are there other people with this problem or is it MY machine.
Wouldn't doubt it is my machine,I don't have any rites to do anything else
,so maybe I don't have rites to post messages either.
Thanks

--
Carl G

Old February 19th 07, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

I see posts from you going back to 2/6

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

Old February 19th 07, 03:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carl G

HI Richard
I see some of my posts but not all show up .It saves a copy in my sent items
folder,but never get this far.
Must be my machine I guess.
Thanks

--
Carl G

Old February 19th 07, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

I guess that Carl expected them to autiomtically show up as soon as he
posted them instead after a possible delay of several minutes or more and
after exiting from and thenlogging back into the newsgroup.

Old February 19th 07, 04:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Imageman

Carl - What news server are you on? The normal ISP's like Comcast, Earthlink
and so on are poor IMHO. I switched to GigaNews years ago, and they have
been excellent, with HUGE retention. I hope I don't sound like a salesman,
but GN is tops! - IM

--

. . . Email replies welcome, and appreciated ! Nostradamus 1550

Old February 19th 07, 04:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pvdg42

"Carl G" cgerving@msnDOTcom wrote in message
How about waiteing a couple days and not showing up.

Are you posting to these groups through your ISP's news server groups, or
have you established an account directly with:

msnews.microsoft.com

Although my ISP's news server carries many of the microsoft.public groups,
I've found that an account set up with msnews.microsoft.com gets me better
reliability and coverage.

Old February 19th 07, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Carl G

I just looked in my sent folder and the first message I looked at was sent
on 2/16/07 , and has not been posted yet.
Don't know what the problem could be.

--
Carl G