Old May 22nd 07, 08:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
Steve Cochran

Default Initialize Junk filtering stops me opening Windows Mail

The only chance now is to wipe out the database and see if it will start
then.

Go to Tools | Options | Advanced | Maintenance | Store Folder to find the
message store location. Then move everything under that Windows Mail
directory to another directory, so that the Windows Mail directory is
completely empty. Then restart WinMail and it will open fresh with nothing
in the database. You can then add your accounts and if they work correctly
then you can import messages from the directory to which you moved the files
back into WinMail (see www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx#wm2wm).

If it still doesn't start, then post back and we can try other things.

steve

"Mike" wrote in message
Gary, Thanks for your help. I completely removed Norton Antivirus and it
still did not work. I also tried the WMUtil again and rebooted and still
it
fails to work. The only small change is that the box for MS Mail appears
momentarily before the same error message covers it up again.

I am getting desperate - what's my next move?

Mike

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

Windows Mail is very sensitive to interference from certain antivirus
programs. Read http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3
If you have McAfee or Norton antivirus, uninstall it. Reboot and try
Windows Mail again. Once you get your email working properly,
download and install a less troublesome antivirus program such as the
free Avast. Whichever antivirus program you keep, be sure to
disable its email scanning option.

Gary VanderMolen

"Mike" wrote in message
Thanks very much Steve but it did not work. Do you have any other
ideas
please?

Mike

"Steve Cochran" wrote:

Try the compact and repair buttons here (www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/) and
see if
they fix the issue.

steve

"Mike" wrote in message
When I try to open mail I get the error message:

" Windows mail could ot be started. initialize junk mail filtering.
Your
computer may be out of memory or your disk is full (0x80070002)"

My disk is certainly not full. After that I get another error
message:

"Windows Mail could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
initialized."

What does this mean and what do I do to open up my mail system
again?

If MS going to issue an upgrade to is mail system - it seems to have
so
many
problems and deficiencies?

Thanks. Mike