cd rom problems in x64 vista

Old February 19th 07, 10:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
@ngeLCD

Default cd rom problems in x64 vista

Windows cannot access either of my dvd rom drives, the following message is
displayed in device manager.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

It seemed to happen after I installed Nvidia's Nforce4 drivers. I
uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the problem still exists. I also tried
replacing the cdrom.sys file to no avail. Any thoughts??
Old February 20th 07, 05:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
GAdog

"@ngeLCD" wrote:

Windows cannot access either of my dvd rom drives, the following message is
displayed in device manager.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

It seemed to happen after I installed Nvidia's Nforce4 drivers. I
uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the problem still exists. I also tried
replacing the cdrom.sys file to no avail. Any thoughts??

I just bought a Gateway GT5412 and it has the same issue with the factory
installed DVD drive. Actually, I bought the first at Fry's, then took it
back because I thought it was a hardware failure...got a new one at Circuit
(Fry's was out) and it has the same issue. Gateway suggested I could 'try'
restoring the sytem and that just teed me off...not good, bad product.
Old February 21st 07, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Doug

I had this problem with my 32 bit Vista. I fixed it with system restore. I
went back to the day before I noticed the problem.

Old February 22nd 07, 12:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
MBS540

I have a very similar problem to you, I have a dvd burner- Lite-ON DVDRW
SHW-160P6S ATA, and a DVD drive - JLMS XJ-HD166S, both have up to date
drivers and are recognized by device manager and in bios, although neither
one will appear in "my computer" or will pick up when a cd is put(when
windows is running), any help would be appreciated! Thanks
Old February 27th 07, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
[email protected]

On Feb 19, 11:47 pm, GAdog wrote:
"@ngeLCD" wrote:
Windowscannot access either of mydvdromdrives, the following message is
displayed in device manager.

Windowscannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

It seemed to happen after I installed Nvidia's Nforce4 drivers. I
uninstalled the nvidia drivers and the problem still exists. I also tried
replacing the cdrom.sys file to no avail. Any thoughts??

I just bought a Gateway GT5412 and it has the same issue with the factory
installedDVDdrive. Actually, I bought the first at Fry's, then took it
back because I thought it was a hardware failure...got a new one at Circuit
(Fry's was out) and it has the same issue. Gateway suggested I could 'try'
restoring the sytem and that just teed me off...not good, bad product.

I went throught the same problem with a computer I built. All
functions worked until I downloaded the updates then the dvd drivers
became corrupted on my new and old computer. You have to reload vista
and do not update until the driver problem is fixed and who knows how
long that is going to be. It took me many reloads and much frustration
to find a way to use vista. Microsoft appears to have a big problem
brewing in this area.

Old April 5th 07, 10:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
apprentice idiot

I have a similar problem: I have an XPC Barebones SD37P2 with a PIONEER
DVD-RW DVD-111D ATA installed. During a recent Vista update the driver (or
registry) had become corrupted. Microsoft Vista could not find an online
solution. A volume error check did not resolve the problem. The problem
however is that the driver is Microsoft's (cdrom.sys), generic and undamaged
; as I am able to copy the driver into another folder; yet Windows will not
let me recopy the driver back into the System32\drivers folder. This is then,
by all evidence, a registry problem.

I tried finding
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/CurrentControlSet/Control/Class/{4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}" in Regedit, but no such animal.

I also have the same problem with the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface
driver which is MS's Tun Miniport Adapter.

Hasn't anyone a solution hereto?