Old May 24th 07, 02:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bigwater

Default Card Reader won't read 2Gb SD card

I have that update. It did not change the behavior of Vista not recognizing
2Gb SD card. I have the workaround of using the camera as an SD card reader
and it works fine, even on cards not formatted in the camera. I can read,
write, create folders, etc. on the card in the camera, just not on the card
in the card reader.

"huwyngr" wrote:

Just came across a reference to this:

Availability of the Windows Vista Secure Digital (SD) hotfix rollup
package

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/933847/en-us

However there's a not inside that KB article indicating that it's been
replaced by:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936825/

which includes download instructions for 32 bit and for 64 bit
versions.

I found the first KB in a thread Google turned up at:

http://www.austech.info/showthread.php?p=1145756

which also indicated that having ReadyBoost set to ON might affect
things.

Good luck!