Dual monitor does not keep position

Old February 21st 07, 01:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Louis

Default Dual monitor does not keep position

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Tecra S3 with a docking station and an external monitor
(Dell 1905FP). Video is NVidia Go 6600 running the released Toshiba driver
for Vista. I have the dual screen setup and my monitor is to the left of my
laptop. Laptop is main monitor and external screen is monitor #2.

Each time I login or resume from powersave mode etc...the external monitor
position is back to being to the right. I have to manually go tot he screen
setting and swing it back to the left so my mouse movement is fluid between
the screens.

#1 - Can I make my monitor #2 stick to the left as secondary monitor EACH
TIME login or resume from any mode ?

#2 - If I can't, anyone has an idea of how I could do a MACRO to automate
this at stratup or at will thru an icon on my desk ?

Thanks !

Old February 21st 07, 07:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Stan

Mine is working fine so I haven't had to deal with this one (validation is
another story). In the new NVidia control panel it seems to have the
ability to pick everything you're trying to do.

#1 - Can I make my monitor #2 stick to the left as secondary monitor EACH
TIME login or resume from any mode ?

#2 - If I can't, anyone has an idea of how I could do a MACRO to automate