PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium

Old February 21st 07, 09:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Erik

Default PVR150 not found after upgrade to Vista home premium

I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my Hauppauge
pvr150. Since I upgraded to Vista Home Premium (Dutch), Vista doesn't see my
pvr150. (Not a clean, fresh install, but pure upgrade)

If I force to install my card by choosing hardware - add older, I see the
blue screen of death and I have to reboot in safe mode and disable the PVR.
Than I can boot again in normal modus.

None of the drivers seem to work..... hell of a job anyway to use hcwclear,
because you have to take ownership of each file to clean, and try again.....

My mobo is Asus P5VDC-MX with latest firmware, 1 GB of RAM and Radeon 9550
videocard....

Ant ideas anyone......... please??
Old February 21st 07, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news

Old February 22nd 07, 06:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Erik

AThanks for reacting.... No, that doesn't solve it... but.... I found out
that Vista doesn't see ANYTHING at all from PCI.... PCI cannot be detected in
Vista Home Premium. Doesn't matter what you put in PCI. Mobo assigns reserved
memory to PCI ( 40000000 - FFF7FFFF) which is not available.

Everything worked fine under XP Pro and XP MCE.

Maybe mobo issue? I cannot change the memoryrange for PCI... or does anyone
know how to?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news

Old February 22nd 07, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugh Jass

Don't know what to say, as I have the exact same card working perfectly in
Vista. Maybe try moving it to a different PCI slot if possible???

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news

Old February 22nd 07, 09:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Hugh Jass

Also, do you have Nero 7 installed. I installed Nero 7 ans it hosed my media
center. Media center suddenly couldn't find the haupaugge card. Had to do a
clean install and all is well again.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news

Old February 23rd 07, 04:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Does the website of your motherboard manufacturer have utilities software
package which you could try?
--

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news

Old February 27th 07, 07:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Erik

lol back on the net agin...

Found out what the problem is.... it's a mobo issue..... Asus will provide
BIOS updates next month, so it has to be solved than..... kinda late, didn't
Asus have time to develop BIOS prior to the official release of Vista to make
their boards work with Vista???

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Shut down PC. Physically remove PVR-150. Restart PC. Check that it
doesn't 'see' anything extra in Device Manager.

Shut down PC. Physically insert PVR-150. Restart PC. Does it now
miraculously see the card?

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

news I had MCE 2005 installed, and everything worked fine, including my