Asus P4C800-E Deluxe RAID (ICH5R) working?

Old February 21st 07, 09:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andi

Default Asus P4C800-E Deluxe RAID (ICH5R) working?

Hello folks,

did anybody got the Intel-RAID (ICH5R) working with Asus P4C800-E
Deluxe (in Vista32)?

How did you do that?

Bye,
duffy6

Old February 21st 07, 03:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JimR

"Andi" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello folks,

did anybody got the Intel-RAID (ICH5R) working with Asus P4C800-E
Deluxe (in Vista32)?

How did you do that?

Bye,
duffy6

Yes, it works fine. You have to copy the raid controller drivers to a
floppy. Boot into the bios, configure your hard drives as raid, build the
raid array, boot from the Vista dvd, use the add drivers applet when setup
starts and insert the floppy when prompted. NOTE: when you build the raid
array all data on the drives will be lost.

--
Jim

Old February 21st 07, 05:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andi

Perfect, it will work.

And you really got a P4C800-E Deluxe? I read horrible things about
this board and vista...

Cya

Old February 21st 07, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
WhiplashInfo.se

What have you and where did you read about Asus P4C800-E Deluxe? I have that
motherboard, and I experience big trouble with CD-Rom and SB Audigy 2 ZS
Platinum Pro

Tomas
--
WhiplashInfo.se helps injured and server ill persons (non profit).

Old February 22nd 07, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rich Elgin

Andi,

I did a successful upgrade from Win/XP Pro to Vista Ultimate. Had some
issues with
I/O drivers but are working through them. I was running a Raid 1 config on
the ICH5R
and the upgrade took care of itself and I didn't have to use the floppy disk
driver trick.
Looks like the update used the Raid drivers from Win/xp Pro.
The only thing on the mother board that did not work to its full capacity
was the onboard
SoundMax sound chip. With Vista I got stereo output but not 5.1 suround
sound. I talked to
ASUS/AMD and they said that no new drivers will be comming for on board
sound chip.
What I did ws bought a cheep SoundBlaster SE PCI card. They have Vista beta
drivers
that gave me 5.1 suround back.
I to have not heard of any problems with the ASUS P4C800E-Dlx board.

Rich

Old February 22nd 07, 10:41 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andi

So, no problems with upgrading from XP.

But is there anybody who did a new clean (SATA) RAID install of vista
with this board?

I read about problems he
http://groups.google.de/group/micros...295aa6f378e537

P.S.: btw there is another (crackling sound) problem (with XP) with
this board:
http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ending&page=10

Old February 24th 07, 05:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bobmitmen

I did on 1/29/07. I booted into the OEM Home Premium DVD...already had my
Raid 0 array set up. At one point, could not find the drives, so I put in
the last version of my Matrix drivers from Jan 06. Once the drivers were
loaded...the raid array was recognized...and smooth sailing from there.
Don't know what the fuss is. I have the P4C800E-Deluxe with Two WD Raptor 74
GB 10,000 RPM HDD's in the array. Vista is smokin with NO issues whatsoever.
Audigy 2 ZS with beta drivers seems to work OK for now. Waiting for
Creative to wake up and release a Vista suite for the card.

Bob