new NVIDIA drivers - can't install

Old February 21st 07, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Daniel Côté

Default new NVIDIA drivers - can't install

Tried to install BOTH the 32 and 64 bit versions of the new Nvidia drivers... neither would work.

I get the message that I don't have vista installed, or that I don't have the 64 bit version installed.... so I can't install either driver. Installation terminates.

Anybody else with this problem ?

Dan
Sudbury Canada
Old February 21st 07, 08:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Daniel

Do you have an RTM version of Vista, or earlier RC1 or 2?

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Old February 21st 07, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Kue2

try this:
Do not uninstall the drivers you have originally.Run Nvidia driver package as administrator in 64 bit vista.
d/l driver package then right click on it & choose run as admin.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_100.65.html

Old February 22nd 07, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jacko

I had a similar problem, I'm running vista64 rc2. Check where the installer
has unloaded the package ie c:\nvidia , then go into Device Manager and
manually update the driver. Worked for me.

Funny though, with the re-packaged version that was up on Guru3D some 5 days
before it appeared on Nvidia site, the installer actually worked properly
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download...=1581#download

Graeme

Old February 22nd 07, 05:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Daniel Côté

ok will try that and let you know. Thanks guys and gals :0

Dan