Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista and Games (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-games/)
-   -   Installing games w/Quicktime (http://www.vistabanter.com/26289-installing-games-w-quicktime.html)

tenderwolf1968 February 25th 07 02:09 PM

Installing games w/Quicktime

I run the Vista Home Premium. I have installed Myst on the computer and now I
am trying to install Riven. I am having problems with the Quicktime, can
anyone help with getting this game installed?

jsrduck December 31st 07 03:36 AM

Installing games w/Quicktime

From 'Windows Vista RTM Software Compatibility List - IeXwiki'
(http://www.iexbeta.com/wiki/index.ph...atibility_List)

Install the game but don't run it. Download this 'file'
(http://files.filefront.com/QT2+32bit.../fileinfo.html)
(DLL from QuickTime 2), unzip it and copy all the files in the same
directory where Riven had been installed. Apply this 'unofficial patch'
(http://files.filefront.com/RivenGSDP.../fileinfo.html)
afterwards and run the Game as administrator.

Note this applies only to 32 bit Vista.

--
jsrduck

DarkNinjaZelda April 16th 10 06:33 AM

Installing games w/Quicktime

Hello, I'm trying to get the game Zoombini Logical Journey to run on my
computer. It says I need to have Quick Time 2.1 installed but Vista wont
install it when I tried to do so. Does the unofficial patch for Riven
work for this game? I tried using it but I just couldn't figure it out.

--
DarkNinjaZelda