Old June 10th 07, 03:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
JasonD

Default Password expired - change pw - Access is denied

Thomas-

That link seems to lead back to this post (on groups.google) when I click
it, did you mean for it to lead elsewhere?

Help appreciated thanks.

-Jason

"Thomas Wilson" wrote:

Jason,
Your problem sounds like mine. This post fixed my problem.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1d10f933c13fe1

"JasonD" wrote in message
"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

JasonD wrote:
I booted up my Vista Ultimate this AM to a "Your password has expired
and
must be changed message."

It offers me 3 fields, 1st one is filled in (my old pw presumably), 2nd
says
"new pw", 3rd says "confirm pw".

I fill in 2, and 3, and click - which results in a brief flash of
"Changing password..." then "Access is denied."

I've tried clearing 1 and putting in my pw instead of letting it get
filled
in, the result is the same.

How do i fix this?

Thanks.

It sounds like your user account is set such that it is not allowed to
change its password.

- Is your account an administrator account?
- Can you still log in?
- Do you have any other administrator accounts available to log in with?

--
-JB
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

Yes, the account is an admin for the box.
No, I cannot login. I only get the "pw expired, change pw"
No, this is the ONLY account on my machine.

-Jason