Audio stops responding

Old February 26th 07, 04:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ryno

Default Audio stops responding

Just installed Vista Home Premium on a 2.7 GHz with 1 GB of ram and all is
well except the audio will stop responding. When running Winamp especially
the sound will just stop and then all of a sudden Winamp will not play audio
files at all either. I have found that by restarting the "Windows Audio
Endpoint Builder" from within the services of Computer Management audio
returns and Winamp starts working again as well. Does anyone have any
suggestions?
Old March 23rd 07, 12:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Raymond Day

Same with me. Vista new install. Same audio stop in vista bata. I though they
would fix it. I found out to fix it right click the sound icon and pick
Playback Devices. Click on the speeker so the Configure lights up and clickon
the Configure in the bottum left corner. Pick something else under Audio
Channels: Then click Test. It will say:

"The device is being used by another application. If you continue, that
application may stop working. Do you want to continue?" So no and get mad!!!
Because this is a big error and they still have not fixed it.

But yes click YES. You should get ding sounds then. So click on back were it
was like Stereo. Click Next, Next, Finish. There sound is working again.

You have to do this a lot because it will stop again at some point.

It seems like it don't work all the time. So it's not a real good fix.

Is this the only place to post stuff like this? I guess they have tons of
vista things like this so make it hard to tell about it.

-Raymond Day
Old September 22nd 08, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
getluke

Yes, I get the same problem, and i do exactly the same above.

None of my programs where audio is needed or wanted will play so I have
to click

Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound

then a dialog box appears i then click

speakers (one of the options in the box) and then properties comes up,
so i click that

then i click on the advanced tab, and in the 'default format' click the
dropdown box and choose a different option (any one really, doesn't
matter) then click test, THENNNNNNNN, a box comes up saying

the device is being used bu another application. if you continue, that
application may stop working.
Do you want to continue?

you go yes, then the sound comes back and you cancel your way back
outta there.. and you have sound again! WOOHOO!

BUT
how annoying is this? I have to do this EVERYtime i log on to my
profile..

has ANYONE got any solutions for this?

Cheers,

Luke